- Russia is looking for a pretext to invade Ukraine, Trudeau says
- Polish Government Officials: "It's no longer in Poland's interests to continue criticising China simply to please...
- Ukrainians ask to personally join NATO, offer private land for NATO base
- Navalny Accuses West of ‘Falling Into Putin’s Trap’ on Ukraine
- Newly Declassified Video Shows U.S. Killing of 10 Civilians in Kabul Drone Strike
- Germany announces massive renewables expansion
- Muslim woman, 26, is sentenced to death by hanging for blasphemy in Pakistan after sending caricatures of Prophet...
- Ukrainian intelligence says 127,000 Russian troops prepared for invasion near border
- Here's the frigid weather forecast for Saturday's 49ers-Packers game
- Coronavirus live updates and omicron variant news
- Ivanka’s apartment and Eric’s 500 pleas of the fifth: Inside Letitia James’ damning Trump report
- Blinken Seeks to Reassure Ukraine as Russia Moves Troops in Region
- Google will make free ‘legacy’ G Suite accounts pay for its office apps starting in July
- Carhartt blowback shows the tightrope companies face over vaccine mandate decisions
- Vogue's Anna Wintour pays tribute to André Leon Talley, calling his loss 'immeasurable'
- Ukrainian volunteers train to protect cities if Russia attacks
- Judge dismisses homicide case, citing Farmington police's handling of evidence
- FDA adds all blood sample collection tubes to medical device shortage list
- Man stabbed to death Wednesday morning in Raytown; one in police custody
- Justices seem sympathetic to Cruz in campaign finance case
- Hearing postponed for William 'Robert' Wiggins, suspect in Frostproof triple homicide
- Police: Raid of Springfield sites nets marijuana, guns, gambling machines, nearly $600,000
- Uhrichsville man to admit felonious assault, domestic violence and car theft
- Police: Murder convict confesses to 2 additional slayings
- Senators Tim Scott and Cory Booker clash over Jim Crow comparisons
- Exclusive: Lina Khan Is (Still) Bursting Big Tech’s Bubble
- Drone Strike Video Shows Killing of Civilians in Afghanistan
- Post-infection immunity was very protective against Delta, the C.D.C. reports, but vaccines still offer the best defense
- Business Updates: Airlines Avoid Mass Cancellations After 5G Reprieve
- How Best to Ease the Crisis in Afghanistan
- Sifting Through the Train Thefts of Los Angeles
- New Research Shows How Health Risks to Children Mount as Temperatures Rise
- Chances were missed to stop U. of Michigan doctor Anderson
- What comes next in New York's investigation of Donald Trump
- Prior infection, vaccines provide best protection from COVID
- Raw Senate debate on voting bill unlikely to end filibuster
- In wealthy LA enclave, harsher penalties for wasting water
- EXPLAINER: Microsoft's Activision buy could shake up gaming
- US begins offering free COVID test kits, but doubts persist
- Jewish leaders renew antisemitism fight after hostage case
- The polls hold scant good news for Joe Biden
- Analysis: Why Ron DeSantis wants to form an election security police force
- Cyberattack compromised Red Cross data of more than 500,000 'highly vulnerable people'
- Congressional subpoena for Giuliani seeks info on his meetings, fees and fraud claims
- Princess puts $535 million villa up for auction. See what's inside
- Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen on how Trump would inflate property values
- Woman narrowly survives push from platform in front of approaching train
- FBI says crooks are using fake QR codes to steal money
- Looking At André Leon Talley's Incredible Life In Pictures
- Judges Have Sent Most Alleged Jan. 6 Rioters Home. A Select Few Have Then Been Sent To Jail
- Kim Cattrall Liked A Tweet Dragging “And Just Like That” Days After The Show’s Writers Were Forced To Address...
- Marvel's “Moon Knight” Star Gaspard Ulliel Has Died In A Skiing Accident At 37
- Hilary Duff Opened Up About Her Feelings On The "Lizzie McGuire" Reboot Being Scrapped And Revealed The Main...
- Britney Spears’ Lawyer Sent Jamie Lynn Spears A Cease And Desist Letter Over Her “Ill-Timed” Memoir Just After...
- Kim Kardashian Is Apparently “Overwhelmed And Upset” Over Kanye West’s “Recent Antics” After He Dragged Her...
- Vogue’s First Black Creative Director André Leon Talley Dead At 73
- 1960s Starlet Yvette Mimieux Dies At 80
- DA: Robert Durst Investigators Blew Chances To Build A Case Because Of 'Tunnel Vision'
- Britney Spears Fires Back At Father's Demands She Pay His Legal Fees
- Supreme Court Justices Issue Confusing Statement On Gorsuch Refusal To Wear Mask
- Jon Stewart To Receive Mark Twain Lifetime Award For Comedy
- University Of Michigan Reaches $490M Settlement Over Sexual Abuse By Sports Doctor
- Bronx Native Cardi B Offers To Pay Fire Victim Burial Costs
- Missouri Highway Patrol Mistakenly Sends Batman-Themed Alert
- Biden challenges GOP agenda: "What are Republicans for?"
- Free masks are coming, but making more in the U.S. will be challenging
- Ukrainian president tells senators post-invasion sanctions are no help
- Starbucks drops worker vaccine mandate after SCOTUS ruling
- Netanyahu plea talks enter crunch time
- Omicron hits American hospitals disproportionately hard
- University of Michigan reaches $490M settlement in sex abuse case
- 3D printing's next act: big metal objects
#BREAKING: On the Senate floor, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) made clear he will not help his fellow Senate Democrats change the filibuster rule to pass voting rights legislation.
"The party needs a competent free-market, low-taxing, small-state, outward-looking, freedom-loving Conservative at the helm" | Telegraph View
What the hell happened to labor since the pandemic began? Well, an atomized insurgence: the Big Quit.
A federal judge in West Virginia has dismissed a lawsuit by the estate of Whitey Bulger that accused Bureau of Prisons officials of "deliberately" sending him to his death.
Musicians H.E.R, Lil Nas X and Jennifer Hudson have been named as some of the frontrunners for the NAACP Image Awards after the nominations were announced
Vegans and people doing Veganuary should enjoy themselves and have vegan treats #affiliate #vegan #veganuary
- Police In This Tiny Alabama Town Suck Drivers Into Legal 'Black Hole'
- An Interview With The Creator Of That Viral NFL Quarterback Thread
- Heat' Fans Rejoice: Michael Mann Writing Prequel To 1995 Crime Classic
- Moon Knight Actor Gaspard Ulliel, 37, Dies After Ski Accident
- This Mug Has Ambition
- Italy's Surprising Capital Of Coffee
- Pour One Out For This Ferrari Enzo Wrecked In The Netherlands
- I Got Sober In The Pandemic. It Saved My Life
- 3 Cops Charged in Shooting Death of 8-Year-Old Girl After Gunfight
- Florida Put a Health Director on Leave for Saying People Should Get Vaccinated
- Democrats’ Latest Voting Rights Push Is Predictably On the Brink of Failure
- US Senate Candidate Lights Up Giant Blunt in First Ad Campaign
- A Hacker Is Negotiating With Victims on the Blockchain After $1.4M Heist
- Cryptocurrency Titans Newly Obsessed With Artificial Wombs
- Greta Thunberg Just Had a Newly Discovered Frog Named After Her
- Where to Find the Best Non-Ugly KN95 Masks
- Ignorance is Bliss
- Effective and short relaxation techniques
- 7 Life Insights We Often Forget
- We’re Not Ready For Smartphones Just Yet
- How To Beat Procrastination? This Little but Effective Trick Works Every Time
- User Generated Content
- Common Sense Logic to Make You Stop Caring What People Think
- Democratic Power Brokers Are Abandoning Kyrsten Sinema
- NY Attorney General: Evidence Suggests Trump “Fraudulently Valued” His Assets
- DC Is One of the Easiest Places in the US to Get a Covid Test. Why?
- DC Has Kicked Butt On Distributing Covid Tests. Why?
- Experts Raise Warnings about Steve Bannon’s New Cryptocurrency
- When Air Pollution Is Overlooked, People Get Hurt
- I Escaped the Trauma of Homelessness
- Politics Is Fun, Actually: City Council Edition
- It will take more than charity food boxes to fix Ivanka Trump’s tarnished brand
- Haven’t been seen for 25 years’: rains bring salmon back to California streams
- In the name of God, go’: Tory fury spills over as Boris Johnson clings on
- Israeli minister defends police over alleged Pegasus spying
- Louisiana Senate candidate goes viral for smoking marijuana in campaign ad
- Bruised Boris Johnson comes out boosting after TV humiliation
- Canadian fashion mogul Peter Nygard denied bail over sexual assault charges
- Until now, audiences have only seen the story of the One Ring’: details announced for Lord of The Rings TV show
- Bergwijn's astonishing injury-time double snatches Spurs victory at Leicester
- Jozef Puska, 31, charged with murder of Ashling Murphy
- Christian Wakeford's long walk to defection
- Shrewsbury MP Daniel Kawczynski suspended for one day over bullying
- We hope that she's doing OK'
- US and UK finally sit down on steel tariffs
- Brewdog flouted US laws over beer imports
- Christian Wakeford: Defecting was most difficult decision I've ever made
- China warns foreign Olympic athletes against speaking out on politics at Winter Games
- How to help Afghans without aiding the Taliban
- Cubans who joined July protests now face stiff sentences
- Long tubes from 5,500 years ago could be the world’s oldest surviving drinking straws
- The fashion world mourns André Leon Talley: ‘No one was grander and more soulful than you were’
- Takeaways from the Pegasus Project
- Arkansas inmates sue after unknowingly being treated for covid with ivermectin: ‘They must be held accountable’
- Three police officers charged with manslaughter in fatal shooting of 8-year-old girl
- Wyoming GOP chair's alleged Oath Keeper ties 'concerning,' Cheney says
- More Dem groups threaten to reverse their Sinema support
- Angela Merkel turns down U.N. job offer
- Kelly backs filibuster exception for election reform
- Top donors threaten to cut off funding to Sinema
- White House to Dems: Tout the $2.4T you got passed, ignore the infighting
- How many health care workers are vaccinated? It’s anyone’s guess
- Chaos in the skies averted — for now
The Daily Beast
- Mary Cosby Explains Why She Flaked on ‘Real Housewives of Salt Lake City’ Reunion: ‘They Told Lies’
- The Daily Beast Scoops 18 Nominations at LA Press Club’s National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards
- Now's the Time to Invest in a New Mattress With These Stellar Deals
- Apple WeWork Drama ‘WeCrashed’ Deepens Jared Leto’s Relationship with Funny Accents
- Part-Time Cop Accused of Vile Scheme to Lure Teens to Firehouse for Rape
- Antisemitism Is the Root of All White Supremacist Terrorism
- Lefty Groups Try to Turn up the Heat on Manchin and Sinema for Voting Rights
- Anti-Vax Folk Singer Got COVID on Purpose. Now She’s Dead
Manchester United F.C., Jaap Stam, Harry Maguire, Manchester, Ralf Rangnick, Wes Brown, Leicester City F.C., UEFA Champions League
Maguire has faced serious criticism of his performances so far this season after a summer with England which saw him, along with many others, earn plaudits. The defender missed the defeat to Burnley through injury but was an unused substitute in the 2-2 ...
Winter storm, Winter storm warning
People help shovel out a vehicle stuck during a snowstorm, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Winter storm hits eastern US with heavy snow; see pics Photogallery at ETimes.
French actor Gaspard Ulliel, who stars in Marvel's upcoming 'Moon Knight' series, has died following a ski accident in the Alps.
CEO Mark Valade said an unvaccinated workforce is a "business risk that our company is unwilling to take."
Free N95 masks
The Biden administration will make 400 million N95 masks available to Americans for free starting next week, a White House official told CNN, the latest ...
Jan. 19 would have marked Mac's 30th birthday. To commemorate the day, friends and collaborators have shared moving letters to the late artist.
US' Secretary of State Antony Blinken speaks as he greets embassy staff at the US embassy in Kyiv on January 19, 2022 as part of a two-day visit in Ukraine.
- Multiple casualties' in rollover crash involving Marines from Camp Lejeune
- Libya aims to maintain oil output after elections delay
- LIVE: President Biden holds news conference: ABC News Live
- Final teen sentenced in Barnard student murder
- Man who threatened Dutch minister gets 6 months in prison
- German Green party leaders face probe over bonus payments
- University of Michigan reaches $490M settlement with sex abuse survivors
- School district defends actions prior to fatal November shooting
- Pittsburgh police provide update after student shot in school van
- Tuskegee Airman Charles McGee dies at 102
- The biggest and best deals on TVs ahead of the Super Bowl
- Top rated face masks for exercising safely this winter
- Secretary Antony Blinken meets with Ukraine's president about escalating tensions with Russia
- Pittsburgh police looking for suspects after student shot on school van
- Man accused of killing UCLA student at L.A. furniture store arrested
- New York AG says Trump's company lied to tax officials and banks
- Biden says he thinks Congress can pass parts of broken-up Build Back Better plan
- United Airlines posts narrower loss than expected after fourth-quarter bookings rise
- PepsiCo and Beyond Meat's joint venture will reportedly launch a plant-based jerky
- Biden defends his first year record as agenda stalls: 'I didn't overpromise'
- Cramer's Investing Club Stock Profile: From AI to gaming, this chipmaker is in all the right markets
- Starbucks pauses plan to require vaccination or weekly testing after Supreme Court ruling
- Watch live: Biden holds press conference as the U.S. grapples with inflation, Covid and Russia
- SEC eyes tighter disclosure deadlines for hedge funds building big stakes in companies
- Biden's latest picks include 1st Muslim woman nominated to serve as a federal judge
- Opinion: 5 steps we must take to vaccinate the world's vulnerable
- Carhartt blowback shows the tightrope companies face over vaccine mandate decisions
- Thousands of Ukrainians are training to protect their cities in case Russia invades
- Biden will hold a press conference ahead of one-year White House anniversary
- Oklahoma will allow state employees to work as substitute teachers to fight shortages
- Hannibal' actor Gaspard Ulliel has died in a ski accident at age 37
- No one bid on this Italian villa with the world's only known Caravaggio ceiling mural
- Suspect in killing of Brianna Kupfer arrested in Pasadena
- Democrats near defeat with voting rights push poised to fail
- Children keep dying. Why can't L.A. County protect them?
- California approaches pandemic record for all hospitalizations
- Growing signs Omicron is leveling off in California
- State to give $10,000 to low-income college students for community service work
- Podcast: An American West with no snow?
- Column: Dear Karen Bass and others, L.A. needs a real homeless plan we haven't heard before
- Eric Trump spent six hours pleading the Fifth Amendment more than 500 times
- To combat labor shortage, states are letting healthcare workers work while still COVID-positive
- Florida suspends top health official after he encouraged staff to get vaccinated
- Oath Keeper returned to Capitol on Jan. 7 for “recon” as group plotted weeks of battle: prosecutors
- Kyrsten Sinema, a traitor to the cause of women's rights, loses support of feminists
- Getting critical antibiotics out of pork and beef production is possible
- Republicans' red flag: GOP ignores warning signs of struggle
- How mRNA technology could create a new vaccine
- Tonga volcano eruption: Three smaller islands badly damaged, 80 per cent of population affected
- Dutch judge issues six-month prison sentence for attack on politician
- Rival politicians accuse Macron of using EU presidency to attract votes
- Kazakhstan president fires defence minister following protests
- Luca Attanasio: DR Congo arrests two suspects over killing of Italian ambassador
- Kiev residents bathe in Dnieper River to mark Epiphany
- Hokkaido town tests ice carousel in frozen lake
- Dutch theatres and museums host hair salons
- UCLA Student Brianna Kupfer Texted Friend About Suspect Before Fatal Stabbing
- Railroad Argues Possible Strike Will 'Harm' Economy, Asks Judge to Keep It From Happening
- Til Death Do Us Part': Separated by COVID, Couple Married 80 Years Reunited in Hospital
- Most Crucial Step, Bread Bag': Woman Shares 'How to Dress Appalachian' in Viral Video
- 1.9T American Rescue Plan Saved U.S. From Economic Disaster: Janet Yellen
- Bone Fragments Found in Search for 91-Year-Old Who Went Back for Dogs During Colorado Fire
- Ex-Cop Charged With Sexual Assault Dies, Prosecutors Still Want Justice for Alleged Victim
- New York Sheriff Criticized for Using Official Letterhead to Vouch for January 6 Defendant
- Starving Afghans Use Crypto to Sidestep U.S. Sanctions, Failing Banks, and the Taliban
- Facebook's Tamil Censorship Highlights Risks to Everyone
- Pegasus Spyware Used Against Dozens of Activist Women in the Middle East
- Contra a Billionaire Bro: Why We Should Care About China's Rights Violations in Xinjiang
- Congressional Democrats Join Republicans to Undermine Biden Administration’s Surprise Medical Billing Rule
- 2021’s Inflation Proves How Incredibly Valuable Social Security Is for Americans
- UAE Adviser Illegally Funneled Foreign Cash Into Hillary Clinton's 2016 Campaign
- Jerome Powell Calls Fed’s Role in Addressing Climate “Limited”
- Biden predicts incursion
- How landlocked state of nebraska got own navy..
- Ai tool to detect when patients will recover..
- L i v e..
- Those who recovered from prior infection more protected than jabbed..
- Nominates first muslim woman to federal bench..
- Asia times
- Eric trump and weisselberg invoked the fifth more than 500 times..
- North Carolina military vehicle crash causes ‘multiple casualties’ involving service members: Marines
- Biden expresses optimism that 'pieces' of his Build Back Better plan can still pass
- 13-year-old boy dies from suspected fentanyl overdose death while at school, raising alarm
- Bills OC Brian Daboll may emerge as frontrunner for Giants HC vacancy
- Orlando to host US final home World Cup qualifier in March
- Texas 98-year-old WWII veteran receives high school diploma
- Britney Spears' conservatorship saga continues as pop star is set to oppose payment of father’s legal fees
- Britney Spears rips Jamie Lynn in latest Instagram post: 'Selfish little brat'
- Jogger uses martial arts to turn tables on 18-year-old attacker who reportedly planned for weeks to murder him, keep...
- Skier charged with manslaughter after 5-year-old dies following collision on the slopes
- Justice Gorsuch torches Virginia city in church tax case dissent, says its actions 'have no place in a free country'
- Chief Justice John Roberts buries media narrative vilifying Neil Gorsuch for allegedly defying request to wear face mask
- Starbucks drops employee vaccine mandate
- Public school teaching tool reportedly says being a 'military kid' means you have 'privilege'
- Boris Johnson ends England's COVID restrictions, including mask mandates and vaccine passports, amid scandal
- Trans woman who confessed to sexually assaulting 10-year-old girl in a public bathroom could end up serving little...
- It was a great day in the Supreme Court for the bribery of lawmakers
- Democrats’ voting rights debacle
- Biden’s offshore wind plan is also a jobs plan
- Could a universal Covid-19 vaccine defeat every variant?
- What you need to know about Biden’s free rapid test program
- Microsoft is buying one of the biggest names in games
- Is confidence a cult? These sociologists think so
- Am I asymptomatic, or do I just really not want to have Covid-19? A guide
- What SCOTUS’s Vaccine Mandate Decisions Mean for the Course of the Pandemic
- How Ted Cruz Engineered a Supreme Court Case To Recoup a Half-Million Dollars
- em>Don’t Look Up Is Missing What We Really Need From Climate Change Movies
- Turns Out My Wife Is Actually Into My Deepest Sexual Fantasy. Now What?
- Why Isn’t DOJ Investigating the Forged Documents Trump Used in His Coup Attempt?
- Should Insurance Companies Pay Out for Damage Caused by State-Sponsored Cyberattacks?
- Help! I’m So Furious at My In-Laws for Commenting on My and My Baby’s Bodies
- Wordle’s Creator Thinks He Knows Why the Game Has Gone So Viral
- LinkedIn Learning is making 30 online classes free until February 1 — the topics are focused on skills that can help...
- Biden opens the door to getting 'big chunks' of his economic agenda over the finish line after Manchin shut down the...
- GOP Sen. Tom Cotton accuses Germany of abandoning Ukraine over gas pipeline with Russia
- The 8 best chocolates for Valentine's Day, or any special occasion, in 2022, according to a professional chocolatier
- The Matrix Resurrections' leaves HBO Max on January 22 — here's how to watch the sci-fi sequel before it's gone
- Biden criticizes GOP resistance to his agenda: 'What are Republicans for? Name me one thing they're for'
- Nasdaq falls into correction territory as US stocks finish lower in volatile trade
- I tested Tesla-fighting electric SUVs from Ford and Volkswagen. Here's why I'd buy the Mach-E over the ID.4
- Do Uyghur Lives Matter to Americans?
- How Many Americans Died Because the FDA Delayed the COVID Vaccines?
- Boris Johnson’s Greatest Fear
- An Electrifying Adaptation of a Murakami Short Story
- 15 Books You Won’t Regret Re-reading
- Lumber Prices Are off the Rails Again. Blame Climate Change
- We Are All Hostages to Anti-Semitism
- What Plato Would Have Thought About Licorice Pizza
- The Voting Rights Battle Isn’t Over. It’s Just Moving Out of DC
- Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard Might Be Good For Gamers, But Bad for Developers
- Kid of the Year Finalist Lino Marrero, 15, Invented a Shoe That Can Charge a Cell Phone
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again
- New York Attorney General Says Trump’s Company Misled Banks, Tax Officials
- Biden Will Give Away Free N95 Masks at Pharmacies and Health Centers
- Cultivated Meat Passes the Taste Test
- Exclusive: Alexei Navalny Urges Biden to Stand Up to Putin
- WATCH LIVE: Biden hosts rare news conference as administration approaches 1 year in office
- U.N. secretary general says Ethiopia is working toward peace in Tigray
- U.S. diplomats meet with pro-democracy activists in Sudan
- French actor Gaspard Ulliel dies in skiing collision
- Russia says it will take nothing less than a NATO expansion ban in Ukraine talks
- WATCH LIVE: House Armed Services committee hearing on sexual assault in the National Guard
- WATCH LIVE: House Veterans' Affairs committee hearing on veterans exposed to toxic fumes
- Mexican abortion advocates look to help women in U.S
- Price of OJ surges during worst orange shortage since WWII
- Peloton insiders sold nearly $500 million in stock before its big drop
- Carhartt blowback shows the tightrope companies face over vaccine mandate decisions
- 2 key Bitcoin trading indicators suggest BTC is ready for a 62% upside move
- Walgreens launches tool to track COVID-19 cases as omicron surges
- Disney Shakes Up Streaming Management, Forms International Hub
- How to Spot a COVID Testing Scam
- Better.com CEO Vishal Garg to be reinstated after mass Zoom layoff controversy
- Overwatch’ Could Come To Phones Via Xbox Cloud Gaming
- The Best Outdoor Boots For Winter
- Biden Still Thinks ‘Big Chunks’ Of Massive Social Spending Bill Can Pass This Year
- Valentine's Day Gift Guide: Unique Vow Renewal Experiences Around The World
- New Apple Leak Reveals Long Wait For New MacBook Air
- Instagram Testing Subscription Service For Creators To Sell Exclusive Content
- The Machines That Build Machines, Porsche Vs Tesla
- Jails In Jeopardy Following New Treasury Rule: Federal Covid Relief Must Help People
- What To Watch For In The NFL’s Divisional Round
- How Omicron Upended What We Thought We Knew About Natural Immunity
- Why Great Tennis Players Don’t Always Make Great Coaches
- Why 28 House Democrats Aren’t Running Again
- The Countless, Confusing, Sometimes Contradictory Takeaways Of The 2021-22 Redistricting Cycle
- Why Democrats Keep Bringing Up Voting Rights Legislation
- Politics Podcast: Don’t Pay Attention To That Outlier Poll You Saw
- Wild-Card Weekend Was Weirder And Dumber Than It Had Any Right To Be
- How new FTC and DOJ rules could stifle future big tech mergers
- Want more Instagram likes? Marketing scholars have discovered a formula for the perfect image
- Lina Khan’s first on-camera interview: 5 takeaways, from Big Tech mergers to the metaverse
- Ghosting on this Gen Z dating app will literally make you invisible
- Dear CEO: Here’s how to cope with ever-changing return-to-work plans
- How to quiet your mind by doing a brain dump
- From failed medical devices to wrongful arrests, this is what happens when inclusive design takes a backseat
- Problems ordering your free COVID test kits? Try this fix
- Choo-choo motherclucker
- Tatsuya Tanaka: Miniature and resemblance artist
- put how many of these you've read in the comments
- André Leon Talley, October 16, 1948-January 18, 2022
- happy honda days, spiderman
- Chicago Public Media (WBEZ) to buy Chicago Sun-Times
- Rainy night, fireplace, blanket, sleepy kids curled up on the couch
- What Does a Vow of Poverty Mean?
- Animal Shelters See an Influx of Donations in Honor of Betty White
- Space Is Destroying Astronauts' Red Blood Cells
- See Prince Charles' Watercolors of Landscapes Around the World
- A New Generation of Satellites Is Helping Authorities Track Methane Emissions
- Intriguing' Carbon Isotopes on Mars Could Be From Cosmic Dust, UV Radiation or Ancient Life
- Should NFTs Be Classified as Art? Wikipedia's Editors Vote 'No'
- Why the Volcanic Eruption in Tonga Was a 'Once-in-a-Millennium' Event
- Did a Jewish Notary Betray Anne Frank to the Nazis?
- Eating the Red Soil of Rainbow Island
- Riverside Plant Hotel in Savannah, Georgia
- Miniature Park Boheminium in Mariánské Lázně, Czechia
- Dale’s Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, North Carolina
- Roman Columns of Brindisi in Brindisi, Italy
- Carroll Creek Covered Bridge in Frederick, Maryland
- Skite Sainte Foy in Saint-Julien-des-Points, France
- North Creek Mosaic Project in North Creek, New York
- Borderline Personality Disorder May Be Rooted in Trauma
- New York's Central Park Becomes a Living Climate Laboratory
- COVID Threatens to Bring a Wave of Hikikomori to America
- Tonga Volcano Eruption Created Puzzling Ripples in Earth's Atmosphere
- COVID Quickly, Episode 21: Colds Build COVID Immunity, and the Omicron Vaccine Delay
- Latest COVID Surge Pushes Parents to Next-Level Stress
- Telltale Tsunami Sounds Could Buy More Warning Time
- 5G Devices Are about to Change Your Life
- Long Runs Train Your Heart, Sprints Train Your Muscles
- America’s Next Food Craze Is Buried in Appalachia
- The Wine World Is About to Get a Big Shake-Up
- Why Do So Many Thru-Hikers Become Trail Runners?
- A Dolomites Trip and a Deeper Connection to Someone Loved and Lost
- A Life-Saving Piggyback Ride on Longs Peak
- Master These 3 Steps and You’ll Be Pacing Like a Pro Runner
- The Gear Our Editors Loved in December
- Full House' Creator Jeff Franklin Selling Home, Old Manson Murder Property
- Jesse Williams Sued for Car Crash, Lawyer Calls it 'Blatant Attempt to Extort'
- Brianna Kupfer Alleged Murderer Arrested
- Kendall Jenner Carves Up Aspen Mountain In Epic Snowboarding Run
- Tanya Roberts House Hits Market 1 Year After Death
- Alec Baldwin Sued, Allegedly Accused Marine's Family of Being Insurrectionists
- Fully Naked Malik McDowell Charged At Officer Before Arrest, Video Shows
- Malik McDowell Went to Gym Hour Before Naked Arrest, Looked Totally Normal
- How ‘The Power of The Dog’ Team Wove in Tension Through Sound Mix
- Electronic Arts COO Laura Miele on Gaming’s Big Moment: ‘We Have Significant Runway Ahead of Us’
- Lily Tomlin to Receive AARP’s Movies for Grownups Awards Career Achievement Honor
- Sia Reveals ‘I Was Suicidal’ and ‘Went to Rehab’ After Backlash to Controversial ‘Music’ Film
- As a Former ‘Buffy’ Obsessive, Watching Joss Whedon’s Downfall Feels Crushing
- Dakota Fanning and Diana Silvers on Their Favorite ‘No Makeup Makeup’ Products
- Hilary Duff Talks ‘How I Met Your Father’ and Why She’s Still Hopeful For a ‘Lizzie McGuire’ Revival
- NBC Delays ‘American Song Contest’ Over COVID Concerns; ‘AGT: Extreme’ Debuts Next Month
- Rolling Stone Racks Up Six L.A. Press Club Nominations
- RS Recommends: The Best Face Masks To Protect Yourself Against the Omicron Variant
- André Leon Talley: Music’s Larger-Than-Life Fashion Maven
- Cardi B Offers to Cover Funeral Expenses of All 17 Bronx Fire Victims
- She Should Be Celebrated Every Day’: Bullerengue Treasure Petrona Martinez Is Building a Legacy
- Mark Ruffalo, Jane Fonda, Cyndi Lauper, and More Back Abortion Within Reach Campaign
- Where’s ‘Yodel Boy’ Mason Ramsey Been? Living the Good Life on a Jet Ski
- Senator Fauci Called a ‘Moron’ Now Selling Merch About Fauci Calling Him a Moron
- Protip: When you're drunk don't go to Lifetime Fitness and harass people. Also don't kick a cop. And then kick...
- Photoshop this strange seaside sundial [Photoshop]
- Today's Slatesplanation: Why "Wordle" has become such a world-wide sensation. It's because of New Zealand [Interesting]
- Secrets of the magicians- you can see her finger moving ever so slightly before the 'spirits' in the 'haunted' pub...
- Would somebody please explain to Louisiana what freezing rain is? [Interesting]
- Texas decides that the "controlled" part of "controlled burn" is optional [Fail]
- Not quite the Tauntaun option, but close [Sappy]
- Fark NotNewsletter: Maybe the real cure was the pee we drank along the way [FarkBlog]
- The Onion’s Guide To Wordle
- Sign Reading ‘Take One’ Placed On Bowl Of N95 Masks On White House Stoop
- Study Finds Women 32% More Likely To Die After Operation By Male Surgeon
- Oxygen Masks Drop From Nation’s Ceilings After Earth Hits Rough Patch In Orbit
- Apple Acquires Apple In Historic $3 Trillion Deal
- Intubated Man Informed That His Free Covid Tests Have Arrived
- Incompetent Film Director Totally Obscures Face Of Person Committing Murder
- Woman Unsure If She Turned Off Stove Finally Makes Peace With Possibly Killing Everyone In Building
- Lost Your iPhone or iPad? Here’s What to Do
- This Adorable Kitchen Gadget Will Help Keep Your Fridge Smelling Great for Months
- FDA Cleared’ vs. ‘FDA Approved’: What’s the Difference?
- Fill Your Home With the Smell of Chicken Noodle Soup With Campbell’s New Scented Candles
- PSA: You Can Now Order Free COVID-19 Home Tests From USPS
- Pan Am Video Highlights the Luxurious Early Days of Commercial Flight
- The Key to Hassle-Free Snow Shoveling Is in Your Kitchen
- Wednesday's Best Amazon Deals Include Philips Premium Airfryers, Fire HD 10 Tablets, and Beckham Hotel Collection Bed Pillows
- NBA Trade Rumors: 76ers' Matisse Thybulle Close to 'Untouchable' in Ben Simmons Talks
- Ben Simmons Trade Rumors: Kings Considering Haliburton, Hield, Barnes Package
- Bucs' Tom Brady Says He Doesn't Get Favorable Roughing the Passer Calls from Refs
- Odell Beckham Jr. Drug-Tested by NFL After Rams' Playoff Win over Cardinals
- Rams' Sean McVay: Rams Have 'Tremendous Respect but Not Fear' for Bucs' Tom Brady
- Buy or Sell Latest NBA Trade Rumors: A Favorite to Land Ben Simmons Emerges
- Mike McCarthy on Cowboys' 2022 Outlook: 'We're Not Here to Go Backwards'
- Heat Rumors: Duncan Robinson Believed to Be Available Ahead of NBA Trade Deadline
- Doomscrolling Through Fashion Week
- Right Now Is the Best Time to Stock Up On Winter Hats, Gloves, and Scarves
- The White Lotus Season 2 Cast Is Stacked
- 42 Valentine's Day Gifts She'll Actually Want
- André Leon Talley Gave Glamour Intellectual Integrity
- Heads Up: The GQ Best Stuff Box Is 20% Off Right Now
- 17 Epic Shoe Deals to Level Up Your Footwear Rotation on the Cheap
- Penis Numbing Products are Probably Not What Your Sex Game Needs
- Knowing Your Partner’s “Argument Style” Can Be A Relationship Game-Changer
- 14 Romantic & Secluded Airbnbs Worth Booking For Valentine’s Day
- My Partner Asked To Try Something New In Bed & I Froze. Can We Get Past It?
- The Best White Sneakers To Complete Your Look (No Matter The Season)
- Uncommon Goods: A One-Stop Shop For Snooze-Free Valentine’s Day Gifts
- A Week In Queens, NY, On A $63,000 Salary
- Are We All Having An Existential Crisis Right Now? Yes? Great
- And Just Like That… Sex and the City Still Doesn’t Do Right By Black Women
- Crypto.com CEO confirms hundreds of accounts were hacked, hedges on other details
- New Meta Quest update lets you access some settings with a pinch
- Halo Infinite gets a hotfix to address Big Team Battle problems, but it hasn’t helped
- Half of internet-connected devices in hospitals are vulnerable to hacks, report finds
- How to file for a tax extension
- Google will make free ‘legacy’ G Suite accounts pay for its office apps starting in July
- The FAA says some 777s are cleared to fly to airports with 5G C-band
- Moon Knight’s Gaspard Ulliel has died following skiing accident in the French Alps
- Splitgate' is getting a map builder and new modes on January 27th
- Twitter Communities hits Android four months after its debut
- Airstream's concept electric camping trailer propels itself
- Nanoleaf has stopped selling its original wall tiles
- GM aims to use hydrogen fuel cells for mobile power generators
- President Biden signs memo to help improve military cybersecurity
- Instagram starts testing creator subscriptions
- Google is discontinuing its legacy free G Suite tier on July 31st
- Microsoft’s Activision Blizzard Deal and the Post-Console World
- Why Airlines Are Fighting the 5G Rollout
- A Bug in iOS 15 Is Leaking User Browsing Activity in Real Time
- How to Get Work Done
- Europe’s Move Against Google Analytics Is Just the Beginning
- The Best Webcams for Looking Brighter and Better
- What the Black TV Viewer Is Owed
- The Trouble With 'Encanto'? It Twerks Too Hard to Be Popular
- Autograph, an agency co-founded by Tom Brady that helps celebrities get involved with NFTs, raises a $170M Series B...
- Google says organizations using G Suite legacy free edition will need to upgrade to a paid subscription for Google...
- Clari, which helps companies generate more predictable revenue through big data insights, raises a $225M Series F...
- Australian user research software company Dovetail raises $63M Series A led by Accel at a $700M+ valuation, says it...
- Instagram Subscriptions launches as an alpha in the US, initially letting 10 creators offer paid access to exclusive...
- Handshake, a diversity-focused recruitment network aimed at college students, raises a $200M Series F at a $3.5B...
- Crypto.com confirms it suffered a recent security breach, affecting about 400 customer accounts, and says it fully...
- Biden signs a memorandum expanding the NSA's role in protecting sensitive government networks, and mandating...
- Ask HN: Burned Out. What Now?
- Forage (YC S21) Is Hiring a Software Engineers
- Google Analytics Illegal in Austria; Other EU Member States Expected to Follow
- The truth about starting with microservices
- Is Old Music Killing New Music?
- No-code workflows for vector search
- Hotcaml: An OCaml interpreter with watching and reloading
- Are We Really Engineers?
- Cash Flow Portal: We make real estate investing as simple as shopping online.
- Chilonji: Post Like It's 2015
- Uteach: Start your teaching business in minutes
- Mailazy: Cloud email infrastructure for the internet
- Payercoins: Crypto payments made easy
- Dakiya: Send a message to another user, on chain.
- Framer Sites Beta: Design and publish website in a minute
- ContentBot - Prepaid AI Content: Pay for AI Content as and when you need it!
- Improve your pet's health with this easy and painless intolerance test
- This easily startled gentleman shouldn't try stealing from porches
- Emergency statewide phone alert seeking the Joker's car was a mistake
- The first ten pages of Mœbius and Jodorowsky's THE INCAL: Deluxe Black & White Edition
- Watch: Ad that mocks Trump by comparing him to DeSantis more relevant today than when first aired
- Watch: New Zealand antivaxxer gets tasered for being a violent covidiot
- Body rolled up in carpet inside car was something else
- I like my Amoji Foam Clogs
- Why You Should Save Your Cooking Water for Your House Plants
- How to Spot a COVID Testing Scam
- What Is OLED Burn-In? (And How to Avoid It)
- The Fastest Way to Edit Audio From Your iPhone or Mac
- This Basic Skincare Routine Won't Overwhelm You
- What's New on Netflix in February 2022
- Stop Using Safari Immediately (at Least for Now)
- The Fastest, Easiest Post-Workout Snacks That Aren't a Shake or Bar
Arts & Letters Daily
- ldquo;Art’s not a commodity,” held Marfa mainstay Donald Judd. Now Marfa, an art town, confronts the N.F.T. craze
- Socrates scoffed at grief. The Stoics regarded it as a messy distraction. Why has this central experience been...
- strong>Art crime is as old as art itself. But the FBI's Art Crime Team is fairly new — and busier than ever
- Has the Thomas Mann revival trivialized him, reducing the Great Ambiguator to an op-ed columnist? Alex Ross makes the case
- strong>Black power and Black arts were “so twinned and joined at the hip that it is impossible, really, to tell...
- strong>Molière and the art of hypocrisy. He understood that a certain kind of dissembling is a necessary vice
- Ali Baba, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White: These fairy tales endure because they respond to a deep human need
- The hatchet job is back, made for internet virality. These book reviews have even given rise to a new literary mode
- 23 Product Before-And-After Photos You Will Probably Loathe Me For Subjecting Your Eyeballs To Seeing
- Which "Star Wars" Villain Are You?
- Here Are The TV Shows And Movies You Can Watch Featuring The Cast Of "This Is Us" Once Season 6 Comes To An End
- 14 Crappy Job Postings That'll Make You Say, "Dear God It's Rough Out There"
- I Left My Husband For A Vine Star": People Are Sharing Their Wildest "Shoot Your Shot" Moments
- The Trailer For "Tall Girl 2" Has Finally Arrived
- Stay Close" On Netflix Might Be The First Thriller Where Fans Cheered For A Serial Killer
- These "Bridgerton" Season 2 Teaser Photos Are What Will Keep Me Going Until The Premiere Date
- What’s On Tonight: Netflix Brings Back The Dating Show That Was Inspired By ‘Seinfeld’
- The Corpse Reviver No. 2 Is The Best Gin Cocktail For Winter
- Roy Wood Jr. Talks About ‘Imperfect Messenger’ And Getting More Personal
- It’s Time You Learn How To Make A Scotch Egg
- Highly Rated Double IPAs, Blind Tasted And Ranked
- Brian Cox Gave A Very Logan Roy-Esque Answer To How His Memoir Is Different From Jeremy Strong’s ‘New Yorker’ Profile
- Bartenders Declare The Best 10-Year-Old Bourbons Based On Flavor Alone
- Here’s Everything New On Netflix In February 2022, Including ‘Murderville,’ ‘Inventing Anna,’ And ‘Vikings: Valhalla’
- How Adele Became a Style Icon, and Why She Asked Fans Not to Hold Her Up as a Role Model
- 16 Photos That Have a Story to Tell
- 16 Warm Pics to Remind Us That Love Is Around Almost Every Corner
- 20 Pics That Teach Us to Laugh at Any Situation
- 17 Photos That Left Us Wide-Eyed in Disbelief
- 15+ Hits You Grew Up With That Still Rock Today
- 17 Pics of Animals Who Want Nothing but to Find a True Friend
- 20 People Captured Odd Coincidences That Made Our Jaws Drop
- The cracks in the UK’s crypto crackdown
- UK regulation: justified crackdown inches cryptos closer to mainstream
- EQT: public investor ardour for private capital will continue
- UK retail bank ringfencing has not damaged sector, Treasury review finds
- Unpicking Larry Fink’s latest letter
- European stocks muted as government bonds come under selling pressure
- Brompton launches first titanium fold-up bicycle made in UK
- UK watchdog proposes tough new rules for crypto adverts
Wall Street Journal
- Russian Military Buildup Triggers European Defense Anxieties
- Banks' Rising Expenses Don't Have To Be So Costly
- Unilever Walks Away From Glaxo Consumer-Healthcare Deal
- EU Companies Face Fallout From Decision Against Google
- Investors Aren't Sure About Home Builders' Foundations
- Covid-19, Endemic or Not, Will Still Make Us Poorer
- Foreign Investment Bounced Back Last Year but Did Little to Ease Supply Strains
- Canada Inflation Reaches 30-Year High, Placing Spotlight on Central Bank
- What is ExxonMobil’s new climate strategy worth?
- Drinking in the office
- Why Microsoft is splashing $69bn on video games
- What the Mittelstand wants
- Remote work and the importance of writing
- TikTok isn’t silly. It’s serious
- Can big oil’s bounce-back last?
- How health care is turning into a consumer product
- Earnings Results: Alcoa stock rises following earnings beat
- United Airlines reports narrower quarterly loss, but delays adding more flights
- Economic Report: Omicron, high inflation, worried consumers: Just how bad is it for the economy?
- The Wall Street Journal: Supreme Court Justices Gorsuch and Sotomayor counter reports of Covid-19 mask dispute
- Bills targeting Apple and Google face biggest test yet
- In One Chart: Why 2022 appears ‘a perfect negative storm’ for tech stocks, according to Deutsche Bank
- Market Pulse: Nasdaq Composite closes in correction for first time since March as stocks extend slide
- S&P 500 ends 1% lower; Nasdaq Composite down 1.1%
- The Mastercard News Coinbase Investors Are Watching Today
- Why Alamos Gold, Gold Fields, Endeavour Silver, AngloGold Ashanti, and More Precious Metals Stocks Rallied Today
- Why Meta Platforms Stock Popped Today
- Karooooo Ltd. (KARO) Q3 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
- Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Q4 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Why Unilever Stock Rose as Much as 10% Today
- What's Going On With Dogecoin Today?
- Why Digital World Acquisition and Phunware Shares Are Sinking Today
- As Broadway Struggles, Governor Hochul Proposes Expanded Tax Credit
- How Microsoft Bought Activision Blizzard
- It’s All Just Wild’: Tech Start-Ups Reach a New Peak of Froth
- Has the Pandemic Undermined Off-Season Deals?
- Gamers Greet Microsoft’s Activision Deal With Guarded Optimism
- Jack Dorsey and Marc Andreessen's Crypto Feud Puts Web3 at Risk
- What’s All the Hype About the Metaverse?
- DealBook Online Summit
Wikipedia Current Events
- Russo-Ukrainian War
- 2021–2022 Russo-Ukrainian crisis, Russia–NATO relations
- United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken arrives in Kyiv, Ukraine, in a show of support for Ukraine. During a one-day visit, Blinken will meet Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. The White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said yesterday that "Russia could at any point launch an attack on Ukraine," and "No option is off the table." Blinken's next stop in Europe will be Berlin, Germany, this Thursday. (France 24)
- Lithuanian Defence Minister Arvydas Anušauskas warns that the presence of Russian troops in Belarus poses a "direct threat" to the country. (Politico.eu)
- 2021–2022 Russo-Ukrainian crisis, Russia–NATO relations
- COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 pandemic in Algeria, impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on education
- COVID-19 pandemic in Bulgaria
- COVID-19 pandemic in the Czech Republic, COVID-19 vaccination in the Czech Republic
- COVID-19 pandemic in Germany
- COVID-19 pandemic in Japan
- The Japanese government announces to place Tokyo and 12 prefectures under the quasi-state of emergency due to rapid rise of COVID-19 cases due to the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant, which hit a record 41,487 new cases for the second consecutive day. The measure will begin from January 21 until February 13. (Kyodo News)
- COVID-19 pandemic in the Philippines
- COVID-19 pandemic in Vietnam
- Westminster lockdown parties controversy
Climate change is a code red for our nation. That’s why over my first year we rejoined the Paris Agreement, rallied the world to tackle climate change, doubled electric vehicle sales, deployed more wind and solar than ever before, advanced environmental justice, and more.
In our first year in office, we created 6.4 million jobs. That’s the biggest year of job creation in American history.
There are 100 members of the United States Senate. They each have a responsibility to follow through on the oath that they all took to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, and protect the right to vote.
Dr. King taught us that a life of service to others is our duty and it is a cycle that strengthens us all. Today @SecondGentleman and I visited Martha’s Table in Washington, D.C. to volunteer for a day of service.
If we are to truly honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy, we must continue to fight for the freedom to vote.