- Russia's Medvedev raises spectre of nuclear strike on Ukraine
- Mystery Russian under sea gas pipe to Europe leak
- Gunman fires at draft office in Russia amid anger over Putin's draft
- British MP says Russia should be stripped of UNSC seat
- Japan consul ‘blindfolded and restrained’ during FSB interrogation in Russia
- Russia loses over 550 military personnel and 3 anti-aircraft defence systems in past 24 hours
- NASA's DART spacecraft hits target asteroid in first planetary defense test
- Mystery leaks hit Russian undersea gas lines, raising European suspicions
- Japan holds controversial state funeral for assassinated leader Shinzo Abe
- 3 charts that show the UK's market meltdown
- After sham referendums, Russia could annex more of Ukraine by the end of the week; Russian conscripts set off to war
- Russia-Ukraine war latest: what we know on day 216 of the invasion
- Stock futures rise after S&P 500, Dow close at lowest levels since 2020
- Sweden issues warning of two gas leaks on Nord Stream 1 pipeline
- Rules sought for 'gooning,' taking troubled kids to care
- U.S. Congress scrambles to pass stopgap bill to keep government funded
- Founder of Oath Keepers militia goes on trial over U.S. Capitol attack
- Shakira ordered to stand trial for tax fraud allegations
- Paris Fashion Week is showcasing 107 houses over 9 days
- U.S. antitrust trial against American Airlines, JetBlue alliance kicks off
- Judge orders partial retrial of excessive force lawsuit against Columbus police
- Fetterman-vs.-Oz Campaign Turns to a Focus on Criminal Justice
- Jamie Raskin on The Second Amendment
- Dating Apps Thrive in China, but Not Just for Romance
- Jails Boss Pushed for Dying Man’s Release to Limit Rikers Death Count
- Ron DeSantis Is Making an Asylum Crisis of His Own
- Sedition Trial of Oath Keepers to Get Underway
- An Israel-Lebanon Border Deal Could Increase Natural Gas Supplies
- Preordained vote to wrap up in Russia-held areas of Ukraine
- Asian shares mostly gain after Dow tumbles into bear market
- Pound stabilizes but turmoil continues for UK economy
- Vietnam imposes curfew, evacuations ahead of Typhoon Noru
- At UN, a fleeting opportunity to tell their nations' stories
- UN meeting produces sense that a 'new epoch' is arriving
- Hurricane Ian lashes Cuba, aims at Florida as possible Cat 4
- Impact: Buccaneers moving practice to Miami amid Hurricane Ian concerns
- Las Vegas Review Journal claims police unlawfully seized slain reporter Jeff German's computers and cell phone
- White House outlines proposal to reduce diet-related diseases and health disparities in the US
- Historic trial for Oath Keepers leader and his top lieutenants over January 6 set to begin
- Back-up quarterback Cooper Rush hands Giants first loss of the season
- Canada to remove final Covid-19 travel restrictions
- Chicago officers shot an intruder who climbed 5 stories on a fire escape and infiltrated a SWAT training
- The Family Of A Black Man Killed By Police Fear The Criminal Case Is Falling Apart Because Of Political Fights In...
- Holly Madison Recalled The “Non-Consensual” And “Gross” Way Hugh Hefner Would Use Baby Oil As Lube Without Telling...
- How The “Sad Girl” Literary Protagonist Became Trendy Again
- Skin Cycling: The TikTok Skin Care Trend Dermatologists Actually Like
- People Are Remembering That Kim Kardashian Is A “Normal Human Being” After Her Friend Shared A Hilarious...
- The News You Missed From The Weekend
- “I Wish I Had An Ounce Of Their Bravery”: Iranian Women Abroad Are Watching Protesters Back Home With Pride And Fear
- Seth Meyers Spots Donald Trump’s ‘Weirdest And Most Uncomfortable’ Rally Moment Yet
- Kellyanne Conway Smoked For 'Gaslighting' Everyone With Brazen Marijuana Lie
- Tucker Carlson Goes Full Fanboy Over Italy's Far-Right Leader
- 'Shoot To Kill': Trump Ally Roger Stone Calls For Violence In Chilling Video
- Rep. Matt Gaetz Admits To Absurd GOP Priority If They Win Back House
- Famed American Ski Mountaineer Missing In Nepal Mountain
- Colbert Torches 'Dingus' Trump For 'Stunning Conclusion' That Comes Far Too Late
- Taiwanese citizens prepare for possible cyber war
- Russia's mobilization drive devolves into chaos
- New report shows that Black Americans more than half of all exonerations
- Ian, now a major hurricane, threatens Cuba and Florida
- Axios Finish Line: Spreading kindness
- Riggleman book calls Meadows texts the "crown jewels" of the Jan. 6 investigation
- Europe's nationalists rebrand, and win
Research from the Florida International University College of Business shows that you may want to consider holding off exclusively depending upon technologies.
Battle for Senate: New Hampshire’s Hassan spotlights her push for ‘increased funding for police’
The New York Times
The Kremlin acknowledged on Monday that its new military draft has been rife with problems — a rare admission of mistakes on the same day a man, apparently distraught over the mobilization, shot and seriously wounded a recruitment officer at a draft office.
Japan is demanding a formal apology from Russia after Federal Security Service agents allegedly blindfolded and interrogated a Japanese diplomat, before giving him 48 hours to leave the country.
Ghana's government is putting together a comprehensive economic program to form the basis of negotiations with the IMF, the country's finance ministry says
Between calling Dallas Cowboys great Tony Dorsett his long-lost father and yelling Peyton Manning’s signature "Omaha" call, Tracy Morgan's segments on this week’s ManningCast won't soon be forgotten.
The Times and The Sunday Times
🎙 PODCAST: How did South Korean culture conquer the globe in the decade since Gangnam Style became a viral sensation? 🇰🇷 @joshglancy tells @jennykleeman the story of the K-wave on #StoriesOfOurTimes
Al Jazeera English
The value of currencies operates on the principle of supply and demand. When demand for a currency is high the price goes up and vice versa. Hence the drop of the British pound and soaring of the US dollar. 🔗: ⤵️
- Why We Need To Rethink Our Obsession With Logomania
- The Photographer Who Captured Defining Moments Of The 1960s
- Why You Need a Sardine Fork
- Viruses to Fight Superbugs? Scientists Are Working on It
- The Zany History Of Wall Drug, The Ultimate Roadside Attraction
- Does Arthur Brooks Have The Secret To Happiness?
- Hell Is A World in Which Everybody Writes Like Axios
- Magnus Carlsen: Hans Niemann ‘Has Cheated More—and More Recently
- The Best Sex Toys and Treats for a Navel Sexual Fetish
- Proud Boys, Neo-Nazis, and White Nationalists Protested ‘Drag Bingo’ at Texas Church
- Chaotic Genius Plays 'Trombone Champ' Using a Fleshlight as a Controller
- Ultra-Rare Diamond Reveals Secrets of Oceans of Water Deep Inside the Earth, Scientists Say
- It’s Official: Ketamine From Paramedics Killed Elijah McClain, Autopsy Says
- Same-Sex Marriage Is Finally Legal in Communist Cuba
- How To Listen More Effectively To Audiobooks & Remember Everything
- One Reason People With Low Self-Esteem Never Believe Compliments
- The Self-Brainwashing Technique I Use to Make Change Effortless
- I’m Afraid Everyone In My Family Is Going To Die
- Narcissists often get away with or justify their terrible actions and behavior by distracting their…
- A semi-comprehensive look at modern friendship
- Hua Hsu on His American Memoir and the Glow That Comes With Finding Your People
- The Youths Are Very Online. Who’s Teaching Them About Misinformation?
- Inside Massachusetts’ Family Separation Disaster
- J.D. Vance’s Flip-Flop on the Nazi March in Charlottesville
- There’s No Reason Puerto Rico Had to Go Through This Again
- Italy’s New Leader Is a Very Weird, Tolkien-Obsessed Right-Wing Extremist
- Rail Bosses Said No to Paid Sick Leave
- ‘I still blow my own mind!’ Uri Geller on spoon-bending, showbiz and the museum he built to his own life
- State funeral for Shinzo Abe held in Tokyo amid controversy
- How the death of a Kurdish woman galvanised women all over Iran
- ‘We’re scared, we want to run’: the Russian men fleeing conscription
- Dog treats, deodorant, Spam: why does America sell 138,000 pumpkin spice things?
- Republican ex-congressman suggests colleagues ‘had serious cognitive issues’
- Japan consul ‘blindfolded and restrained’ during FSB interrogation in Russia
- Japan says Russia 'blindfolded and restrained' its consul in Vladivostok
- We will root out racists and misogynists
- Labour opposes junk food ban as living costs soar
- Shinzo Abe: A divided Japan bids farewell to its slain ex-PM
- Harry Styles' As It Was becomes longest-running US number one by a UK act
- Titanic: Ship that sent iceberg warning found in Irish Sea
- Six sets of twins start Derry school together
- She was an only child. Now she has 101 great-grandchildren
- As Brazil’s election day approaches, fear of violence grows
- His sister died in the Parkland massacre. He wants the gunman to live
- As the world moves on, Myanmar confronts a mounting, hidden toll
- Ukraine live briefing: Staged referendums pave way for annexation; Russia interrogated Japanese consul
- The mainstreaming of the West’s far right is complete
- Japanese diplomat detained in Russia is released, officials say
- Biden’s hunger and nutrition goals confront November realities
- Freedom Caucus poised to pull its hardest McCarthy punch
- Trump’s Assault on Elite Colleges Isn’t All Wrong
- DeSantis faces the true test of any Florida governor
- When will Europe learn to defend itself?
- Appeals court blocks California ban on for-profit prisons
- Europe's right wing cheers Meloni's win; others look on nervously
The Daily Beast
- Biden Has No Ambassador in Italy as It Flirts With Fascism
- Melanie C on the Dark Side of Being a Spice Girl and Why She Wants the Group to Headline Coachella
- How Ali Wong Helped Make Her ‘Favorite’ Comedian Sheng Wang a Netflix Star
- Iran’s Women Are (Once Again) the Vanguards of a Revolution
- We’re Still Wrestling With What Prince Taught Us About Sex
- Not So Fast, Democrats. Your Blue Wave Might Still Be a Mirage
- Master Liar Shinzo Abe Doesn’t Deserve This Lavish Funeral
Saquon Barkley, New York Giants, Monday Night Football, NFL, Running back, Dallas Cowboys
During Monday Night Football between the New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys, ESPN aired quite the animated graphic of running back...
Tropical cyclone, Hurricane, Storm surge, Storm, Flood
As a hurricane travels over the open sea, its powerful winds act like a giant bulldozer collecting water and pushing it forward. When...
Daniel Jones took five sacks as the Giants' offense failed to make a case it should remain intact.
COMMENTARY | A meteorologist explains why the looming storm could be especially dangerous for the state's Gulf Coast.
What they're saying: People should be able to see three or four of Jupiter's Galilean moons with binoculars, Adam Kobelski, a research...
Tech giant Google took it upon itself to launch its own type of celebration following NASA's Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART)...
Myles Garrett's vehicle went off the side of the road and flipped several times before coming to a rest.
- UN nuclear watchdog, Iranian officials meet in Vienna
- Defense: Evidence is weak in Central African Republic trial
- Death toll in Bangladesh pilgrim boat capsize rises to 66
- Czechs to renew border checks amid new migrant wave
- Hurricane Ian makes landfall in western Cuba as major Category 3 storm, keeps heading toward Florida’s coast
- Preordained vote to wrap up in Russia-held areas of Ukraine
- Famed American ski mountaineer missing in Nepal mountain
- NFL star Myles Garrett injured after flipping Porsche in one-car accident
- Taking the complexity out of booking a memorable vacation
- Innovation after devastation: An agency’s quest for human connection through the power of immersive experiences
- Using art to create a unique home from home experience
- How adding context to industrial data will drive digital transformation
- How health for all and hunger for none can become a reality
- Threat of government shutdown looms ahead of Friday deadline: CBS News Flash Sept. 27, 2022
- The golden age of globalization is clearly over, says Singapore's Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong
- Fed’s Evans says he’s getting a little nervous about going too far, too fast with rate hikes
- Larry Summers blasts UK tax cuts as 'utterly irresponsible' and warns of possible contagion
- 3 charts that show the UK's market meltdown
- Bitcoin surges 7% to top $20,000, its highest level in more than a week, even as stocks hit 2022 lows
- Inflation is here to stay despite rising interest rates, Asian business leaders warn
- Pound tanking, massive tax cuts and talk of emergency hikes. Here's what's going on in the UK
- Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness plan will cost $400 billion, budget office says
- Journalists are being trained to gather evidence of war crimes
- Montana health officials call for more oversight of nonprofit hospitals
- Is a strong dollar a good thing? Not for everybody
- Why the White House wants to put nutrition labels on the front of food packages
- This congressional staff became the first in U.S. history to form a union
- In a big Jan. 6 case, Oath Keepers go on trial for seditious conspiracy
- Magnitude 3.7 earthquake strikes near Bakersfield
- Man suspected of taking his teen daughter after killing wife in Fontana, spurring police manhunt
- Two Bishop Amat football players accuse rival coach of assault; police investigating
- Report of suspicious device in Long Beach closes streets, halts Metro rail service
- Federal court says California ban on private ICE detention facilities is unconstitutional
- P-65 is first mountain lion in Santa Monica Mountains to die of mange, study shows
- Man slammed by school employee after running onto O.C. high school football field with 'vulgar' flag
- Expert: US has a "terrible system that’s ripe to be exploited" by Republicans seeking minority rule
- "Patriotic education": Experts say Texas GOP's new "1836 Project" airbrushes oppression and poverty
- The rise of "QMaga": Conspiracy theorists, Christian nationalists unite as MAGA movement gets darker
- "A magical moment": NASA pulls a "Deep Impact" as its spacecraft successfully collides with asteroid
- "House of the Dragon" reminds us that hell hath no fury like an ex-best friend scorned
- The princess and the tea: Why Buckingham Palace is worried about "The Crown"
- 9 new fall items already spotted on Trader Joe's shelves
- Ukraine war: Here's how quickly Russia could annex 15% of country after 'sham referendums'
- Turkish police officer killed in suspected Kurdish militant attack
- Estonia holds six-day snap military drills for 2,800 reservists
- English duke who organised Queen's funeral gets driving ban
- Shinzo Abe: Japan holds divisive state funeral for assassinated ex-prime minister
- NASA spacecraft crashes into an asteroid
- This is the new royal monogram of King Charles III
- Cocker Spaniel's Reaction to Being Home Alone Melts Hearts
- John Fetterman Whipping Dr. Oz in Senate Race With Double Digit Lead: Poll
- Low Lake Mead Water Levels Now Revealing Ancient Volcanic Eruptions
- Doorbell Camera Films Hungry Bears Breaking Into Home Before Raiding Fridge
- Hurricane Ian Path Tracker as Florida-Bound Storm Rapidly Strengthening
- New Senate Bill Aims to Shed Light on Credit Card Industry
- Inside the Meeting That Foreshadowed Spartz's Split With Zelensky's Ukraine
- Florida Contracts Go to Companies That Flooded Ron DeSantis Campaign Fund
- It’s a Girl (Fascist)!
- Former NSA Chief Signed Deal to Train Saudi Hackers Months Before Jamal Khashoggi’s Murder
- California Farmworkers Pressure Gov. Gavin Newsom on Union Bill
- I Watched the Afghan Government Collapse Under the Weight of Its Own Greed
- The Dark Odds Facing Iran's Brave Protesters
- Condoleezza Rice and Madeleine Albright Conduct a MasterClass on the Banal Horror of U.S. Foreign Policy
- Battle for Senate: New Hampshire’s Hassan spotlights her push for ‘increased funding for police’
- Pennsylvania pro-life activist's arrest puts DOJ, FBI injustice and contempt on full display
- VP Kamala Harris attends former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe's state funeral in Tokyo
- Hurricane Ian strikes Cuba, strengthens to Category 3 as it targets Florida
- Trump on the couch: What he spilled to Maggie Haberman
- Pumpkins are for gratitude: One family's secret for using the fall season for giving thanks
- Biden skipping Shinzo Abe funeral works ‘in favor for China,' Japanese commentator says
- Democratic strategist Kurt Bardella tweets, 'How long until Republicans start floating policies to impose a dress...
- Stopgap government funding measure reportedly includes around $12 billion related to Ukraine
- Gavin Newsom warns Democrats that Fox News hosts are dominating politics: 'We are getting crushed'
- Alec Baldwin and others may face criminal charges over fatal on-set shooting, district attorney says in filing
- Author Sophie Lewis' forthcoming book is titled 'Abolish the Family'
- Texas man hit and killed a pedestrian but didn't realize it until he found the body later on the roof of his car, police said
- 'We share a very special friendship': Aussie football captain and water boy with special needs celebrate together...
- Hurricane Ian is about to crash into a very crowded Florida
- Who’s really using up the water in the American West?
- The many scandals of Don’t Worry Darling, explained
- 36 years ago today, one man saved us from world-ending nuclear war
- How — and why
- The Supreme Court’s new term could be even more consequential than its last one
- House of the Dragon gives us a time jump, a season reset, and two horrible childbirths
- I’m Black. My Husband Is White. My In-Laws? They’re Trump Supporters
- Help! I Made Some Difficult Choices With My Wedding Party. My Friends Are Not Happy
- What’s Up With the Midterms?
- The Reporter Who Uncovered the Brett Favre Welfare Scandal on What Comes Next
- Italy’s Catastrophic Election Is a Warning About Post-Trump Republicans in the U.S
- So, How’s It Looking for Trump’s Kids After That Big Lawsuit?
- Help! My Dad Spent His Career Getting Companies off the Hook for Harassment. Then It Happened to Me
- Putin could announce Russia is annexing parts of occupied Ukraine on Friday, UK defense chiefs warn
- Pound steadies after hitting record low as investors weigh the chances of the Bank of England stepping in
- Alzheimer's disease, retirement 'pacts,' and serving until you're 104 years old: Inside the federal judiciary's...
- Dr. Oz is getting dragged on Twitter for saying his Democratic opponent John Fetterman looks like he's 'kicking...
- Ruben Gallego ignites feud with fellow Democratic lawmaker Kyrsten Sinema, accusing her of wanting the GOP to win...
- The Nord Stream 2 pipeline is leaking and pressure has dropped on Nord Stream 1 and 2, authorities say
- Take a look at China's fleet of destroyers, including the Type 055, which cost $920 million to build and is...
- Teachers, Nurses, and Child-Care Workers Have Had Enough
- Maybe We Won’t End Up Like the Dinosaurs
- The Russian Clocks Are All Ticking
- 9 Reader Views on the State of Immigration Policy
- Photos: The Aftermath of Hurricane Fiona in Eastern Canada
- Your Smart Thermostat Isn’t Here to Help You
- Why We Wear Black to Mourn
- Japan Holds a Controversial State Funeral for Assassinated Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- Hailey Bieber’s ‘Brownie Glazed Lips’ Look Is Yet Another Example of Cultural Appropriation in Beauty
- What We Know So Far About BA.2.75.2, the ‘Most Resistant’ Variant to Date
- A Corporate Greenwashing Bonanza Just Descended on New York City
- Prepare for Another Blockbuster Supreme Court Term
- The Jan. 6 Committee Has Done Masterful Work. Can It Stick the Landing?
- How to Find Small Moments of Joy in Dark Times
- CBO estimates Biden's student debt plan could cost $400 billion over 30 years
- NASA Dart spacecraft rams into an asteroid in defense test
- Hurricane Ian bears down on Cuba with landfall in Florida expected later this week
- News Wrap: Military-age men fleeing Russia over call-ups, Putin grants Snowden citizenship
- WATCH: Blinken gives remarks on Pakistan flood recovery with Foreign Affairs Minister Bhutto Zardari
- Right-wing victory in Italian election raises concerns across Europe
- Brett Favre under scrutiny for allegedly seeking welfare funds to build a sports facility
- 3 charts that show the UK's market meltdown
- Treasurys stumble as markets digest Fed economic commentary and stocks slip
- European markets advance after choppy start to the week
- Rampant dollar pauses for breath as bears stalk stocks
- Cryptoverse: Bitcoin miners get stuck in a bear pit
- Why is the British pound tanking as the US dollar soars?
- Twitter to interview Elon Musk, known for combative testimony
- Self-Management: A Biological Battle Between Trust And Control
- Marcos Is Already Undercutting The Philippines’ Economic Future
- The Definitive Net Worth Of Donald Trump
- The Richest Women In America
- The 2022 Forbes 400 Self-Made Score: From Silver Spooners To Bootstrappers
- The Richest Sports Team Owners On The 2022 Forbes 400
- Crypto Winter Knocks 3 People Off Forbes 400 List Of Richest Americans
- Our College Football Playoff Forecast Is Back
- Politics Podcast: Why Biden’s Unpopularity Doesn’t Seem To Be Tanking Democrats
- Butt-Punting Is A Bad Idea, And Other NFL Lessons Learned From Week 3
- The Braves’ Rookies Are Leading Their Repeat Bid
- Why Misinformation Spreads So Quickly On Social Media
- How Black Americans Reshaped Politics In Georgia
- We Fixed An Error In Our Deluxe Midterm Forecast
- DART asteroid deflection: watch NASA test its planetary defense system for the first time
- ‘It’s the government’s job to protect people’: States are finally starting to ban ‘forever chemicals’
- Beyond burnout: Why are so many people unhappy at work these days?
- Steve Case: Silicon Valley’s brain drain is bringing innovation back to small cities
- An economic slowdown could be the reset Silicon Valley needs
- This 52-foot ‘trash wheel’ sucks plastic out of the water so it can be recycled
- How to know if you’re being stalked with an AirTag
- NASA Successfully Crashed a Spacecraft Into Its Asteroid Target
- Amphibian Plague Led to Malaria Surge in Humans
- Exhibit of Library Treasures Opens at National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Who Were the Painters of Pompeii?
- NASA Will Soon Attempt to Crash a Spacecraft Into an Asteroid
- Archive of Ernest Hemingway Writings, Photos Opens to the Public for the First Time
- These California Teens Discovered Two New Scorpion Species
- One Man's Search for the First Hebrew-Lettered Cookbook
- Dune Peninsula in Tacoma, Washington
- High Amana General Store in Amana, Iowa
- Clues in Caves Suggest Drought May Have Brought Down India's Mughal Empire
- Harlequin Puppet Theatre in Colwyn Bay, England
- BAM Hamm Archives in Brooklyn, New York
- Tallinn Black Angus Sculpture in Tallinn, Estonia
- What the Disease Feels Like, and Presidents Can't End Pandemics
- NASA's DART Spacecraft Successfully Smacks a Space Rock--Now What?
- See Jupiter Shine During its Closest Approach to Earth Since 1963
- Build a Better Floating Wind Turbine and Win $7 Million from the Department of Energy
- NASA's DART Mission Could Help Cancel an Asteroid Apocalypse
- Oceans' Worth of Water Hidden Deep in Earth, Ultra Rare Diamond Suggests
- How Squishy Math Is Revealing Doughnuts in the Brain
- Skier Hilaree Nelson is Missing on Manaslu After a Deadly Day on the Mountain
- We Need More Cooking Shows Like ‘Chefs vs. Wild’
- I Made Empanadas While Running the Most Productive Half-Marathon of My Life
- Five Incredible Road Trips Perfect for Fall
- Eliud Kipchoge Shatters Marathon World Record in Berlin
- I Cry Often When I’m in the Mountains. You Should Too
- The Illusion of Progress in Sports Technology
- 'Concussion' Doc Slams Tua Tagovailoa For Returning To Bills Game After Injury
- Larsa Pippen Snuggles Up with 'Friend' Marcus Jordan at Rolling Loud
- Guess Who This Lil Goofball Turned Into!
- 'Riverdale' Actor Ryan Grantham Afraid He Could Be Brutalized in Prison
- Lamar Odom Cheers on Daughter at First Fashion Show
- David Bowie's 'Ashes to Ashes' Spacesuit Being Sold in $1.7 Million Auction
- NASA’s DART Mission Crashes Spacecraft Into Asteroid In Test to Defend Earth
- Warner Bros. Discovery Intl President Gerhard Zeiler Sets Out Post-Merger Strategy, Commits to Local Content
- HBO Max Sets Cold War Drama ‘Spy/Master’ as Streamer’s Central and Eastern European Production Winds Down (EXCLUSIVE)
- From ‘Offworld’ to ‘El Presidente’ Season 2 and ‘Limbo,’ Titles at Iberseries & Platino Industria
- DAZN Buys ELEVEN Group, Gains Rights to Top Soccer Leagues in Portugal, Belgium
- Oscars Race: Hong Kong Picks Controversial ‘Where the Wind Blows’ for Academy Awards
- James Bond, Harry Potter, Superman, Star Wars, Wonder Woman, Batman, Bruce Lee Memorabilia to be Auctioned in London
- Samuel Goldwyn Head Weighs in on Controversial India Oscar Selection and ‘RRR’ Snub, Calls ‘The Last Film Show’ a...
- Nick Kroll Takes Credit for ‘Don’t Worry Darling’ Drama on ‘Fallon’: ‘I’m the Puppeteer’
- Leighton Meester! That KT Tunstall Song! Farfetch’s Latest Campaign Is Giving Total Throwback Vibes
- Santigold Cancels North American Tour Citing Changing Industry and Artist Welfare
- Watch Run The Jewels Perform Single ‘Ooh La La’ on ‘Kimmel’
- What Streaming Service Is Tops With Viewers? It All Depends On Your Age
- Kardashians Swap Annual Holiday Card for New Christmas Campaign
- Jeffrey Dahmer Murdered Their Family Member. Now They’re Blindsided by New Netflix Series
- If you can't tell the difference between a wolf and a husky then perhaps you shouldn't be hunting [Sick]
- Florida Man does exactly what you'd expect Florida Man to do in a Camaro when confronted by police [Florida]
- Nothing says military victory quite like having your troops call an enemy hot-line to ask how to surrender. Fark:...
- Just as Homer Simpson said, "You don't make friends with salad" [Obvious]
- Sure, I'll just put that through our copy machine then send it via vacuum tube to upper management [Weird]
- Man breaks into Chicago Police station and points guns at SWAT members; dramatically overestimates the element of...
- Local Rock Star washed away by Fiona. So young [Interesting]
- John Cena Sets Guinness World Record For Make-A-Wish Grants
- Weird Bug Being Eaten By Even Weirder Bug
- Elton John Awarded Medal By Joe Biden For Work To End AIDS
- Daily Affirmation: I Am Light
- HR Reminds Employees In Office Relationship They Should Give HR Some Sugar Too
- Struggling U.S. Military Requires Every Soldier To Recruit Additional 300 New Troops
- Insomnia Experts Unanimously Recommend Giving Up And Scrolling ‘The Onion’ Until Daybreak
- 95 Interesting Comparison Images To Give You A New Perspective On Random Things (New Pics)
- This Facebook Group Shares 81 “Work Related Funnies” To Help You Get Through The Work Week (New Pics)
- Guy Breaks Down Why Earning Less Than $25/Hour In The USA Isn’t Going To Cover Your Expenses, Goes Viral On TikTok
- 125 Of The Most Wholesome Posts From The ‘Very Important Positivity’ Facebook Page
- “What Are Americans Not Ready To Hear?” (65 Answers)
- 20 Culture Shocks Shared By A “Brit In Canada”
- 117 Tragic Hair Accidents Shared In This Online Group (New Pics)
- Tony Pollard, Not Ezekiel Elliott, Must Be Lead RB For the Cowboys Offense
- DeMarcus Lawrence Trolls LeBron James Over Saquon Barkley Tweet After Cowboys' Win
- Giants Offensive Line Ripped as Daniel Jones Sacked 5 Times in Loss to Cowboys
- Giants Rumors: Sterling Shepard Feared to Have Suffered Season-Ending Knee Injury
- Giants' Sterling Shepard Carted Off After Suffering Non-Contact Injury vs. Cowboys
- Cowboys' CeeDee Lamb Hyped by LeBron James, Twitter After Clutch TD in Win vs. Giants
- Buccaneers' Tom Brady Says Finger Injury 'Doing a Lot Better' Than Last Week
- Rihanna's Super Bowl Halftime Show Means R9 Is Definitely Coming Soon, Right?
- The Best Nose Hair Trimmers for Highly Presentable Nostrils
- The Best Throw Blankets to Cocoon Yourself in All Fall Long
- Ye Brought Crystal Flip-Flops and Tabi Socks to London Fashion Week
- Is Plant-Based Meat Actually Good For You?
- The 2022 GQ Fitness Awards
- Rhuigi Villaseñor Brings His Enviable Personal Style to Bally
- Celebrate The Return Of Pleated Skirts With One Of These Preppy Picks
- A Case For Wearing Red & Pink, The Color Combo Everyone Loves To Hate
- Another Amazon Prime Day Is Coming
- Calling All Insiders, You Have Until Tonight To Score An Extra 40% Off Madewell
- My $1,000 Vacuum Went Viral On TikTok
- 20 Black Engagement Rings For The Non-Traditional Bride
- I Got Matilda Djerf’s ‘Midi Flick’ Haircut
- Walmart launches ‘metaverse’ experience in Roblox to sell toys to children
- Roomba’s latest robot vacuum has a robot mop on top
- Eight states sue crypto lender Nexo over security sales and misleading marketing
- NASA just crashed a spacecraft into an asteroid to see what would happen
- How to buy a PlayStation 5
- Sony is selling a PlayStation 5 bundle right now
- Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for Terra stablecoin co-founder Do Kwon
- Apple's 512GB MacBook Air M2 falls to a new all-time low
- Bose QuietComfort 45 ANC headphones are $80 off right now
- iRobot adds an automatic mop to its flagship Roomba
- NASA successfully smacked its DART spacecraft into an asteroid
- Apple Watch Ultra teardown confirms it's rugged, but not easily repaired
- Meta tests easier account switching between Facebook and Instagram
- Lenovo’s Smart Clock Essential with Alexa falls to an all-time low of $35
- The Secret Microscope That Sparked a Scientific Revolution
- NASA’s DART Spacecraft Smashes Into an Asteroid
- Hurricane Ian Blows Back NASA’s Artemis Launch
- A Sprawling Bot Network Used Fake Porn to Fool Facebook
- Which Amazon Echo or Alexa Speaker Is Best for You?
- The Best VPNs to Protect Yourself Online
- Why Therapy Is Broken
- Study: in January 2022, 62.4% of bitcoin mining electricity came from fossil fuels, contradicting the Bitcoin Mining...
- As the Optus hacker appears to release data of 10,000 customers, Optus CEO Kelly Bayer Rosmarin says the Australian...
- Meta begins testing a single interface to manage Facebook and Instagram accounts and streamlines registration to...
- Paris-based Regate, which offers an all-in-one platform to manage invoices, expense reports, and payments, raised a...
- A look at the vote on the new head of the UN's International Telecommunications Union between a US and Russian...
- Text-to-image generation systems like DALL-E and Midjourney use datasets built by scrapping images without explicit...
- Samsung launches a co-branded credit card with Axis Bank in India, where it has 175M customers, offering 10%...
- An Introduction to Binary Decision Diagrams [pdf]
- Julia Back-End for LFortran (LFortran
- UK banks and lenders suspend offering new mortgages amid market turmoil
- Possible sabotage disables Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines
- 270K subscribers and $5K/mo with an Asian history/tech YouTube channel
- Why OCaml?
- Ask HN: Why corporate culture never increment your salary?
- Roomba Combo j7+ : A Roomba that vacuums and mops
- Draxlr 3.0: Get answers from your data & share them without writing code
- WAIR: Drive sales and reduce returns with size recommendations
- Teta - Beta version: Build an app in a weekend.
- Spotify Blend (Full Version): Instantly create a shared playlist between you and a friend.
- Ponzu: AI-powered textures for 3D models
- Lune: Connecting every customer experience with climate impact
- This remix of Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline is the apotheosis of Western Culture
- Impact! The DART mission, humanity's first attempt at redirecting an asteroid, finds its target
- This AI-powered speech engine creates realistic voiceovers in minutes
- Hiker near Los Angeles stands her ground when she comes face to face with a bear (video)
- Oktoberfest waitress carries 13 beer mugs without a tray and makes it look easy (video)
- Immerse yourself in music-making with $36 off this hip-hop beat library
- Watch: Metal guitarist Kayla Kent reads crude viewer comments as calmly as she plays when shredding
- What's New on HBO Max in October 2022
- 8 Ways to Make Takeout Cheaper and Healthier, According to Reddit
- How to Spot Anti-Homeless Architecture (and What to Do About It)
- Is BeReal Safe?
- Air Fry Your Frozen Shrimp Without Thawing Them First
- The Psychological Mind Tricks That Actually Work
- Avoid These Mistakes When You Cancel Travel Plans
Arts & Letters Daily
- “We analytic philosophers pick up our worldview by osmosis”: “It silently substitutes for the existentialist,...
- The friendship of Nina Totenberg and Ruth Bader Ginsburg reveals the perils of insider-based journalism
- For long-suffering readers of his treatises, the adulation that Johann Gottlieb Fichte once inspired is hard to understand
- Piet Mondrian and the patient pursuit of perfection. He could spend a year applying one stripe of blue paint
- Hilary Mantel, who spent much of her life in the past with the dead, is dead. She was 70
- Conflicts over religious freedom stress the ossified assumptions of liberal pluralism. Consider New York's Hasidic schools
- “Owning a disputed, possibly wildly valuable, art work is a cruel test of any person’s aesthetic values, basic...
- How well do you know GitHub Actions?
- Stone Skipping Is a Lost Art. Kurt Steiner Wants the World to Find It
- The Smartest Website You Haven't Heard of
- Objective-See: Tools
- 58 bytes of CSS to look great nearly everywhere
- Packing A Backpack
- Long COVID Has Forced the U.S. to Take Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Seriously
- I Can't Stop Cringing At These 17 Embarrassing Parents Who Tried To Use Their Kids For Free Stuff
- 38 TikTok Products So Useful You'll Open Them The Moment They Arrive
- 32 Genius — And I Mean GENIUS
- 19 Actors Who Deserved Far, Far Better Movies Than They Ended Up In
- Just 25 Practical Things From Amazon You'll Probably Wish You'd Bought Sooner
- 35 Dainty Necklaces You'll Love To Layer Or Wear Solo
- ITVX Have Dropped Images For Their New Teen Series "Tell Me Everything", And I'm Gassed
- 10 Celebs Who Have Tattoos in Unusual Places
- 15 Extraordinary People Whose Stories Are Probably One of a Kind
- 20 Tiny “Titanic” Mistakes Real Fans Saw as a Gigantic Iceberg
- 16 Resourceful People Who Came Up With Genius Solutions in the Blink of an Eye
- 13 Celebrities Who Remind Us Beauty Doesn’t Equal Perfection
- 15 Pics That Prove Family Always Has an Awesome Sense of Humor
- Dwayne Johnson’s Divorce With Dany Garcia Has Shaped Him Into a Better Husband and Father Today
- The Wall Street Journal: World Bank gloomier on China, sees growth lagging that of East Asia for the first time since 1990
- : Gilt yields pull back from multi-year highs as BoE and Treasury seek to calm nerves
- : Sweden reports leaks on Nord Stream 1, shortly after damage found on Nord Stream 2
- NerdWallet: Four retirement questions you should ask your financial adviser that aren’t about your portfolio
- Kelley Blue Book: Will all cars have alcohol detectors in the next few years?
- NerdWallet: What are single-stock ETFs, and should you buy them? ‘They’re not for the faint of heart.’
- Next Avenue: Steps to take following a dementia diagnosis, especially if you live alone
- This Auto Parts Leader Just Beat Sales Expectations: Is It Time to Buy?
- This Big Pharma Stock Just Got an Upgrade. Is It Time to Buy?
- 2 Leading Tech Stocks to Buy in 2022 and Beyond
- How I'd Invest $20,000 Today if I Had to Start From Scratch
- 3 Stocks I'm Buying During a Tech Stock Correction
- 1 Move That Could Supercharge Apple's iPhone Revenue
- Here's My Top Cryptocurrency to Buy in September
- U.S. Suit Over Alliance of American Airlines and JetBlue Goes to Trial
- Strong Dollar Is Good for the US but Bad for the World
- European Political Turmoil Roils Global Markets
- TikTok Seen Moving Toward U.S. Security Deal, but Hurdles Remain
- Factory Jobs Are Booming Like It’s the 1970s
- Silicon Valley Had Its Heyday. Can Tech Ecosystems Now Grow Inland?
- Silicon Valley Slides Back Into ‘Bro’ Culture
Wikipedia Current Events
- Russo-Ukrainian War
- Russian oligarch Yevgeny Prigozhin, a close ally of Vladimir Putin, publicly admits for the first time that he founded the Wagner Group, a private military company accused of war crimes in places where they had been deployed. Prigozhin had previously denied any involvement with the organization. (The Guardian)
- September 2022 United Kingdom mini-budget
- Inter-American Development Bank chief Mauricio Claver-Carone is fired by the bank's board of governors after an external investigation, started because of a whistleblower complaint, found that Claver-Carone had an undisclosed intimate relationship with his subordinate and committed several ethics violations in connection with her. (Reuters) (Financial Times)
- 2022 Pacific typhoon season
- Six Pakistani military personnel are killed in a helicopter crash in Balochistan, Pakistan. (Barron's)
- Seven people are killed in a fire in a shopping mall in Daejeon, South Korea. (AP)
- Three people are killed in a building collapse in Nairobi, Kenya. (AP)
- COVID-19 pandemic
- The death toll from the cholera outbreak in Syria increases to 29, with a total of 338 cases reported, the majority of whom are in the Aleppo Governorate. (Al Jazeera)
- Colombia–Venezuela relations
- Kazakhstan–Russia relations
- Izhevsk school shooting
- Global surveillance disclosures
- 2022 Cuban Family Code referendum
Harris: Competition is the heart of capitalism. That's why I mobilized my entire Administration to promote it in our economy. Today, the White House Competition Council met to discuss actions they've taken to deliver for families and set a course for further steps in years ahead.
Harris: For decades, we've seen less competition and more concentration in our economy. That's why I signed an Executive Order committing the government to full enforcement of our antitrust laws. No more tolerance for abusive monopolies.