- Denmark set to lift all Covid curbs amid record high surge of infections
- Leaked emails suggest UK's Boris Johnson may have lied about evacuating animals before people from Afghanistan
- Tonga is hit by a magnitude 6.2 earthquake
- Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline won’t open if Russia invades Ukraine, says US
- Take me back to Skyrim
- Kremlin media: Ukraine preparing to attack, not Russia
- whoosh" as the point goes sailing over the head
- Ukraine Soldier Opens Fire, Kills Five Soldiers at Military Base
- Russia invading Ukraine would be 'insane,' says former Swedish prime minister
- Schools closed due to below-freezing wind chills
- Apple (AAPL) to Let iPhones Accept Credit Cards in Threat to Square
- Ukraine Soldier Kills 5 People at Military Factory
- Stocks drop after Fed's Powell's hawkish stance
- Nord Stream 2 will not move forward if Russia invades Ukraine, US says
- Treasury yields are mixed following Fed decision
- Spotify Removes Neil Young's Music After Complaints About Joe Rogan
- ABB acquires controlling stake in InCharge Energy
- Thailand deploys more assets as oil slick threatens beaches
- Sarasota police: Always lock your car and bring your valuables with you
- Dow profit more than doubles on higher prices
- Analysis-Biden's next Supreme Court nominee not likely to change its rightward push
- Analysis-Robinhood shares stumble as trading frenzy wanes, regulators circle
- Musk's bets on Tesla: no human drivers this year, robots next
- Brevard woman arrested after voting on behalf of son in 2020 election, deputies say
- G.D.P. Data Is Expected to Show a Strong Finish to 2021
- It’s Hard to Tell When the Crypto Bubble Will Burst, or If There Is One
- Can Biden Avert a Crisis With North Korea?
- Cases Dismissed, Judges Replaced: Texas Struggles to Prosecute Migrants
- Russia Will Only Grow Stronger as the World Shifts to Cleaner Energy
- Do I Really Need a Toilet?
- After 32 Years, Yolanda Vega Is Retiring From the N.Y. Lottery
- Bob Iger’s Advice to Hollywood on His Way Out
- US response on Ukraine offers little optimism, Russia says
- Beijing's Olympic bubble makes a slightly surreal experience
- France's Macron takes own path, seeks dialogue with Russia
- EU honors camp survivor as world remembers Holocaust
- In freezing Afghanistan, aid workers rush to save millions
- WHO staff complaint, email allege racism and abuse in Asia
- Democrats eye Supreme Court pick to revive 2022 prospects
- Will virus be 'over'? Most Americans think not: AP-NORC poll
- Sarah Palin dines outdoors at restaurant two days after it's revealed she tested positive for Covid-19
- John Kerry hosts world's largest carbon emitters in first forum since UN climate summit
- Tennessee school board removed graphic novel 'Maus,' about the Holocaust, from curriculum due to language and nudity concerns
- Analysis: Breyer's role on the court and the hole he's leaving
- Ukrainian soldier kills 5 in shooting rampage at military factory
- Time warp: How time passes when you live in space
- Opinion: Politicizing the Holocaust dehumanizes us all
- Northeast faces heavy snow and blizzard conditions this weekend, but models are still unclear on how bad it will be
- Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes Has Been Ordered To Stay In Jail Until Trial For Seditious Conspiracy
- Spotify Is Pulling Neil Young’s Music After He Demanded They Address Joe Rogan’s Vaccine Misinformation
- The 15 Best Sex Toys To Explore All Kinds Of Pleasure
- An Ex-Northwestern Professor Was Sentenced To 53 Years In Prison For Killing His Boyfriend As Part Of A Sexual Fantasy
- Trump Supporters Believe Wisconsin Withdrew Its Electoral College Voters For Joe Biden. It Never Happened
- A Man Who Allegedly Sold A Gun To The Texas Synagogue Hostage Taker Has Been Charged
- Prince Andrew Wants His Sexual Abuse Case To Go To A Jury Trial
- Will The Senate Confirm Biden's Supreme Court Pick? Democrats Have Been Most United On Judges So Far
- A Police Officer Died By Suicide After Jan. 6. Here's What He Went Through At The Capitol
- 5 Years Later, Families Trump's Muslim Ban Separated Are Begging Biden For Help
- Joe Rogan’s Hot Take On The Term ‘Black’ Stuns Trevor Noah
- Callers Tell Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Exactly How They Feel About Her
- Tucker Carlson Flips Out Over Biden’s Vow To Appoint Black Woman To Supreme Court
- Civil Wars Expert: U.S. Capitol Riot Made 1 Chilling Thing ‘Impossible To Deny’
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Fox News, GOP For Having 'Daddy Issues' That Will 'Kill Us All'
- Jimmy Kimmel Mocks Eric Trump’s Desperate Attempt To Get His Father’s Attention
- Kremlin says U.S. written response ignored Russia's main NATO demand
- How your plumber could lead the electric vehicle revolution
- Biden's approval rating drops to 34% in Georgia
- Rents hit another all-time high
- Olympic athletes train for cyber security ahead of Beijing
- Omicron is finally burning out
- The pitch: subscribe n' save on medical costs
- Activist Republicans oppose helping Ukraine
Vladimir Putin backs a Russian government proposal to tax and regulate mining of cryptocurrencies, rejecting the central bank’s proposal to ban it completely
😷 Face masks are no longer a legal requirement in England - but some businesses are still requesting they are worn. Sky News explains how the rules have changed, and what is still required 👇
Students will put down the pencils and grab their laptops because the SAT, one of the nation’s most commonly used college-entrance exams, is going digital. USA TODAY reporter @CQuintanaDC has more:
📉 Car production fell to the lowest level since 1956 last year as the computer chip shortage and the closure of Honda’s Swindon factory took their toll
- Tennessee School Board Bans Holocaust Graphic Novel 'Maus'
- Searching For Susy Thunder
- Did Dakota Johnson Lock People In A Cafe? An Investigation
- Who Is On Biden's Shortlist To Replace Retiring Justice Breyer?
- Swing Voters Don't See The Same Democracy Crisis You See
- World's Brightest X-Rays Reveal COVID-19's Damage To The Body
- Amazon Paid For A High School Course. Here's What They Teach
- It Was Destroying Someone's Life': One Of The West Elm Caleb Women Speaks Out Against TikTok Harassment Campaign
- The Price of Speaking Out: Australia’s Hostile Environment for Whistleblowers
- Get the Most Out of Your 2021 Tax Return
- Cops Who Watched George Floyd Die Never Said He Wasnt Breathing, Paramedic Testifies
- This New Ultra-Flexible Vibrator Can Fill All the Holes in Your...Life
- The Best Sex Toys for an Extra-Spicy LGBTQ Valentine's Day
- Matt Gaetz’s Sex Trafficking Investigation Just Keeps Getting Worse for Him
- A Mysterious Radio Signal From Space is Repeating Every 18 Minutes and 18 Seconds
- An Election Police Force Is an Absolutely Terrible Idea
- The More Time I Spend on Medium, the More I Hate Instagram
- The secret chord
- Stories and the impact on Life
- Jordan Peterson Beyond Order Rule 3: Express Your FEEEELINGS!
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos
- Opinion Piece: The influence of Dominic Cummings on Boris Johnson’s leadership status
- The Abusive Empath
- How Living a Lie Ruins Your Life and Honesty Sets You Free
- The Whole World Is Hating on Joe Manchin
- The Mad Dash to Replace Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer Begins
- Justice Stephen Breyer To Retire
- Ski in Jackson Hole? You Could Be Hurting Liz Cheney
- Watch: Sámi Reindeer Herders Grapple With a Changing Arctic
- Oil Firms Claim Baltimore’s Climate Lawsuit Threatens US Energy Security
- The Oil Industry Is Terrified of College Kids
- Will This Court Case End the “Subminimum Wage”?
- Why do dating apps bring out the worst in men?
- Parents who kept kids at home for fear of Covid are reported for neglect
- German-speaking Covid denialists seek to build paradise in Paraguay
- Honduras: can first female president usher in a new era for women?
- No, America is not on the cusp of a civil war
- America’s hottest city is nearly unlivable in summer. Can cooling technologies save it?
- Boris Johnson ‘will not have to resign’ if police interview him under caution
- Ukraine crisis: Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline won’t open if Russia invades, says US
- Holocaust survivor: 'Those chosen to live got a number on their arm'
- Obituary: Barry Cryer
- Barry Cryer: Comedian and writer dies aged 86
- Barty becomes first home player to reach Australian Open women's singles final in 42 years
- Sandbach baby born at 23 weeks goes home for first time
- Covid: Care home rules to ease and end of masks and Covid passes in England
- Covid: Care home restrictions to be eased in England
- Women's Ashes: Dropped catches hurt England as Australia take control of Test in Canberra
- Meet the Ukrainian volunteers training to fight Russians in the streets of Kyiv
- The moon, Mars and the return of strongman rule: How China has changed since the 2008 Olympics
- Worried about inflation? In Argentina, it’s a way of life
- Covid-19 live updates: Even as U.S. cases drop, global vaccine inequity could prolong pandemic, experts warn
- Russia meets NATO diplomacy with stony silence as the West races to shore up support for Ukraine
- WHO pushes for more cash, faces skeptical Biden administration
- Fear, uncertainty grip Ukraine as Russian threat looms
- Emails appear to show Boris Johnson authorized evacuation of pets from Afghanistan, despite repeated denials
- Mulvaney and Heitkamp join K St. heavy hitters at new shop
- Eff-ing Right: How S--- Talk Can Save Biden’s Presidency
- Schumer gives Senate's new bipartisan gang breathing room on post-Jan. 6 reform
- Biden’s signature legislation expired. Recipients are wondering: WTF happened?
- Ukraine: The West’s worst fears
- Judge orders Eastman to speed effort to get documents to Jan. 6 committee
- U.N. fires tech envoy after probe into harassment claims
The Daily Beast
- 13 Arson Attacks in Less Than 24 Hours: Feds Join Search for Marauding Firestarter in Tacoma
- The Canopy Humidifier Put A Full Stop To My Nosebleeds and Keeps My Plants Alive
- Sundance’s Most Disturbing Movie Is About Grooming and Sex Trafficking a Teen Girl
- GOP Governors Under Attack From MAGA Monsters They Helped Create
- 10 Years of Lana Del Rey’s Sexy, Confounding ‘Born to Die’
- Will Manchin and Sinema Make Biden’s Life Hell Over SCOTUS Nominee?
- You Must Cover Your Eyes to See this Amazing Library
- Meet the Bold Sci-Fi Directors Behind Marvel’s ‘Moon Knight’
Indiana Hoosiers men's basketball, Penn State University, Big Ten Conference, Penn State Nittany Lions men's basketball, Basketball, Rob Phinisee
Indiana's starters combined for 60 of its 74 points in its 74-57 win over Penn State on Wednesday and the Hoosiers held on after taking a huge first-half lead.
Australian Open, Iga Świątek, Danielle Collins, Tennis, Alizé Cornet, Kaia Kanepi, Women's Tennis Association
Elite tennis handicapper Gavin Mair just released his Australian Open 2022 picks for Iga Swiatek vs. Danielle Collins.
The Holocaust, International Holocaust Remembrance Day, Auschwitz concentration camp
Thursday marks the 77th anniversary of the liberation of Nazi Germany's Auschwitz concentration camp. Days prior to International Holocaust Remembrance Day, intended to honor the 6 million Jews and other victims of the Holocaust, anti-vaccine activist ...
School, Canton, Akron, Canton City School District, Wind chill advisory
The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill advisory from now to 11 a.m. Thursday for the Akron-Canton area.
2022, January 27
Farrell, Jim, 77, Jim's Lawn Service owner, died Monday, Jan. 24. Visitation 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Moore's Southlawn Funeral Home, and memorial service 10 a.m. Friday, South Tulsa Baptist Church.
Devin Booker scored 43 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as the Phoenix Suns increased their winning streak to eight with a 105-97 victory over the Utah Jazz in ...
Behind the scenes, Breyer, 83, pushed and prodded his fellow justices for consensus. His decision gives President Biden his first opportunity to name a new ...
Kathryn Kates Seinfeld
Actress Kathryn Kates, who appeared in hit TV series including "Orange is the New Black" and "Seinfeld," has died aged 73, her representatives confirmed to ...
The sculpture shows the NBA legend with his hand on his daughter's shoulder as she carries a basketball.
Peter Robbins, who voiced Charlie Brown in 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' and 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown,' died by suicide, his agent says.
- Notorious gangster reflects 30 years after becoming FBI informant
- Thailand deploys more assets as oil slick threatens beaches
- Poland starts building wall on border with Belarus
- Democrats seek reboot around Supreme Court vacancy: The Note
- Tata group regains control of debt-laden Air India
- EU launches WTO action against China over Lithuania dispute
- European force "deeply regrets" Mali telling Danes to leave
- Israel, Cyprus, Greece electricity cable link gets EU money
- Hiker falls 700 feet to death while taking selfie on mountain peak
- Meme stocks" have returned to Earth
- Andy Parker, father of reporter killed during live TV broadcast, to run for Congress
- Man left quadriplegic by violent crash suing Uber for $63 million
- North Korea launches 2 more suspected missiles
- CBS Evening News, January 26, 2022
- 1/26: Red and Blue
- Supreme Court Justice Breyer set to retire at end of term
- Kremlin offers frosty response to Blinken letter as world waits for Putin's next move
- McDonald's is about to report its quarterly earnings. Here's what to expect
- Comcast set to report fourth quarter earnings before the bell
- SoftBank shares tumble 9% as tech stocks selloff continues
- Russia invading Ukraine would be 'insane,' says former Swedish prime minister
- It's a joke': Germany's offer of 5,000 helmets to Ukraine is met with disdain amid Russia invasion fears
- Apple reclaims No. 1 spot in China, hits record iPhone market share in the fourth quarter
- How Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014. And how the markets tanked
- WHO staffers accused its Western Pacific director of racism and abuse
- A young nurse investigates murders in 18th century China in 'The Red Palace'
- The expanded child tax credit briefly slashed child poverty. Here's what else it did
- NIH is 'largely finished' moving its former research chimps to a sanctuary
- Biden team promises new approach to extremism, but critics see old patterns
- Biden will get a chance to fill a Supreme Court vacancy. Here's what to expect
- China is demanding US end its 'interference' in Beijing Olympics
- Iran is undergoing a mass vaccination campaign as omicron looms
- Man attacked in San Francisco's Chinatown sues D.A., claiming his rights as a victim were violated
- Former AME Zion Church leaders charged in $14-million fraud against California congregations
- Westside Councilman Mike Bonin says he won't seek re-election
- New bill would force courts to clear cannabis convictions faster
- A 15-month-old dies of COVID-19, becoming L.A. County's youngest coronavirus fatality
- A bronze statue of Kobe and Gigi Bryant appears at site of chopper crash as fans mourn
- Martine Colette, Wildlife Waystation founder who rescued animals by the thousands, dies
- Student arrested in stabbing of fellow pupil at Westlake high school
- Joe Rogan made anti-vax Dr. Robert Malone a right-wing media star: Was that the point all along?
- Former Oath Keeper and Jan. 6 protester launches effort to "audit" Michigan election
- No military solution" on Ukraine: Progressives in Congress demand diplomacy
- The road to Jan. 6: How 50 years of violent white nationalism inspired the Oath Keepers
- Trump's finance report shows he has a lot less cash than he claimed in his final year in office
- Roy Choi shines a light on our broken food systems: "We'll throw away food before we feed people"
- Florida senators walk out after DeSantis' surgeon general refuses to answer if vaccines work
- Peter Dinklage pushes Disney's "Snow White" remake to rethink "f**king backward" dwarf depictions
- Rare snowfall blankets Jerusalem’s Old City
- Voting to choose Italy's next president goes into a fourth day
- Poland's virtual abortion ban harms women and paralyses doctors
- Five dead after Ukrainian soldier opens fire at factory
- COVID was in Europe weeks before first confirmed cases, claims Norway study
- Biden to get first Supreme Court pick as Justice Breyer retires
- EU challenges China over 'discriminatory trade practices against Lithuania'
- Battle lines drawn: The two sides of Poland's abortion divide
- The Story of Christian the Lion As Owner John Rendall, Who Walked Him Around London, Dies
- The 10 Best New Movies to Watch on Netflix, Disney+, Peacock and More in February 2022
- Vladimir Putin's NATO Gamble in Ukraine Is Backfiring, Says Ambassador to EU
- Toddler's Reaction to Noticing Limb Difference for First Time Is Melting Hearts Online
- Steam Deck Release Date: When Do Pre-Order Emails Go Out for Valve's Handheld PC
- Hannity Says Biden Basing Supreme Court Pick on Gender Unconstitutional
- Who Is NBA YoungBoy and Why Was His Texas Home Reportedly Raided by a SWAT Team?
- South Carolina Bill Would Outlaw Asking About COVID Vaccination Status
- Migrants Detained in Texas Border Operation Are Fighting Back
- UAE's Security Bubble Is Punctured by Its Role in Yemen War
- Another U.S.-Trained Soldier Stages a Coup in West Africa
- Little Rock’s Black Police Chief and the Campaign Against Reform
- Democrats Are Rushing Through a Massive Ukraine Defense Bill
- USAID Contractors Denounce Agency’s Betrayal of Thousands of Afghans Who Carried Out Its Mission
- Pipeline Giant Enbridge Uses Scoring System to Track Indigenous Opposition
- As Immigration Plummeted, Conservatives Falsely Accused Biden of Fueling a Crisis
- Denmark returns to 'life as we knew it'
- Off with the mask!
- charlie brown' commits suicide..
- Lawsuit: ceo wore 'bikini lives matter' mask, discriminated against women..
- Texas man tries to smuggle migrants to us in flag-draped coffin..
- Shifted china stance as family scored beijing deals..
- Army's highest ranking muslim soldier also tiktok star..
- Defense Secretary Austin to attend meeting with CEOs from hypersonics industry
- Parent rights activists slam ACLU for opposing curriculum transparency laws amid CRT battles
- Chinese Lunar New Year: The history and how it's celebrated
- Rams vs 49ers: NFC Championship preview, times and more
- Last living signer of Canadian constitutional charter of rights sues government over COVID travel ban
- Chiefs vs Bengals: AFC Championship preview, times and more
- Lawrence Jones plans to speak directly to Americans on new show: ‘They don’t want all this high-class talk’
- Colorado bill would ban mountain lion and bob cat hunting
- DC Mayor Muriel Bowser extends indoor mask mandate until the end of February
- Jennie Nguyen breaks her silence after firing from 'Real Housewives' show over pro-police/anti-BLM posts
- Transgender 'Jeopardy!' contestant's winning streak finally comes to an end
- Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery to add portrait of Dr. Anthony Fauci
- Shocking video shows attempted armed robbery where suspect accidentally shot himself in the head during a struggle
- California city becomes first to demand gun owners pay liability insurance and an annual fee
- Democrats call for Biden to honor pledge to appoint black woman to the Supreme Court, Psaki says the president plans...
- Video: Homeowner fights off black bear that jumped over porch gate and headed straight for his dog
- Deaths tell one story of the pandemic. The lives saved tell another
- Stephen Breyer is retiring from the Supreme Court
- Democrats have precedent for a speedy Supreme Court confirmation
- Stephen Breyer’s retirement puts the spotlight on Joe Manchin
- Who is on Biden’s shortlist to replace retiring Justice Breyer?
- The high price of a crypto salary
- Retiring Justice Stephen Breyer’s 28 years on the Supreme Court, explained
- Omicron’s most crucial warning: A disease can move much faster than we can
- Why the Pomodoro Technique Is Great for Some Tasks but Not for Others
- Help! I’m Way Less Hot Than the Guy I’m Dating, and People Can’t Handle It
- Dear Ask a Teacher: Is My Child Ready for Kindergarten?
- A Completely Nonscientific Guide to the Best Rapid COVID Tests
- Road Deaths Keep Going Up and Up. What’s Pete Buttigieg Going to Do About It?
- Is the Fitness Industry Still Sexist?
- I’ve Seen What My Husband Secretly Looks at Online. He Denies It
- Biden’s Very Short SCOTUS List Has a Very Obvious Frontrunner
- Saudi Arabia and Thailand restored diplomatic ties 33 years after 4 Saudis were killed trying to recover $20 million...
- Elon Musk said he took his kids to Walmart to see the pandemic toiler paper shortage with his own eyes
- Buzzy beauty brand Glossier just laid off more than 80 employees
- 10 things before the opening bell
- Ancient humans used the oldest-known drinking straws to sip beer out of communal party bowls, new study suggests
- Dirty Russian money flowing through London is destabilising Ukraine, warns senior Tory MP
- Apple has launched a new safety guide for AirTags following reports they have been used to stalk people
- Jeremy Grantham says the current plunge in stocks is eerily similar to the crashes of 1929 and 2000
- Can Medieval Sleeping Habits Fix America’s Insomnia?
- How to Rename a Place
- Make Time for Art
- Introducing SPAM: A New Series About Family, Mystery Meat, and the American Dream
- The Battle for the Future of the West
- Artificial Wombs Birth a Complex Controversy
- Scenes From Midwinter
- The Court Loses Its Chief Pragmatist
- A Lesson of the Holocaust: One Person Can Make All the Difference
- How Blockchain Could Solve the Problem of Digital Identity
- Amy Schneider’s Jeopardy! Streak Ends at 40 Consecutive Wins and $1.4 Million
- The Oscar-Shortlisted Documentary Writing With Fire Shines a Light on Only All-Women News Outlet in India
- Moderna Booster May Wane After 6 Months, Company Says
- Pressure Mounts for Biden to Nominate a Black Woman to the Supreme Court
- The James Webb Space Telescope Is in Position
- We Urgently Need a New National COVID-19 Response Plan
- A look at Justice Stephen Breyer's career and opinions on the bench
- News Wrap: U.N. sounds alarm over Afghan economy, says country has become a 'frozen hell'
- Fed aims to clamp down on inflation with rate hikes. Will it work?
- U.S., NATO allies reject major Russian demands, offer different compromise
- Why the U.S. Postal Service is experiencing delays
- Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick, Florida's first Haitian American in Congress, on what's at stake in 2022
- The Holocaust's quiet heroes, survivors honored in new book for children, teens
- Biden cancels Trump-era lease renewals for proposed Minnesota mine
- Treasury yields are mixed following Fed decision
- Stock futures rebound from steep losses
- Stock Market Today: Dow, S&P Live Updates for Jan. 27, 2022
- IMF sees potential for further market turbulence as central banks hike rates
- UBS buys Wealthfront for $1.4B to reach rich young Americans
- Facebook's cryptocurrency venture to wind down, sell assets
- Deutsche Bank posts a surprise profit on strong investment bank performance
- U.S. yields rise, Asian shares and European futures tumble as Powell warns on inflation
- Abandon Cold War Mentality’: China Urges Calm On Ukraine-Russia Tensions, Asks U.S. To ‘Stop Interfering’ In Beijing Olympics
- Can Utility-Backed Public Charging Turn The Tide For Greater EV Adoption?
- Chinese New Year: What Luxury Brands Must Understand For Marketing Campaigns
- Former Virginia Star Danielle Collins Reaches Australian Open Final, Will Face No. 1 Ash Barty
- Travel Trends Report 2022
- Will Caterpillar Stock Rise Following Its Q4 Earnings?
- Disney Princesses Gear Up For A Makeover, Like The One Barbie Got
- How To Make A Successful Cloud Transformation
- Why Joe Manchin And Kyrsten Sinema Will Probably Vote For Biden’s Supreme Court Pick
- 36 States Are Electing Governors This Year. Here Are The Races To Watch
- How The Supreme Court Will Change Without Breyer
- Emergency Politics Podcast: Justice Breyer Is Retiring
- Stephen Breyer Tried to Compromise On An Increasingly Uncompromising Supreme Court
- Versatile’ Doesn’t Do Justice To Deebo Samuel
- What To Watch For In The NFL’s Conference Championships
- The 7 Senate Races That Will Likely Decide Control Of The Chamber
- Why a rural hospital in Bangladesh was named the world’s best new building
- 6 things you must update on your résumé right now
- Palm oil is one of the most destructive ingredients you use every day. These startups are trying to replace it
- 5 simple ways to cultivate hope
- These batteries ditch the lithium for something much cheaper: iron
- Microsoft’s metaverse vision is becoming clear
- This clever app makes you way more productive
- Biden promised to put a Black woman on the Supreme Court: Here’s a possible shortlist
- Hike, stamp, repeat
- The animal that's everywhere and nowhere
- Texas brothers beat stepfather to death for sexually abusing sister
- Surgery in the UK remains a hugely male-dominated area of medicine"
- Stephen Breyer retiring
- It kinda feels like doing drugs
- They've Left Cooperstown Barren, Uninteresting and Illegitimate
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- What to Expect From the U.K.'s First LGBTQ Museum
- Air Pollution Makes It Harder for Insect Pollinators to Find Flowers
- All Animals Are Accounted for After Truck Carrying 100 Lab Monkeys Crashed in Pennsylvania
- Nearly 70000 Invasive Green Crabs Were Captured in Washington State Last Fall
- A Piece of Texas Music History Sells at Auction Amid Claims That It Was Stolen
- The Most Anticipated Museum Openings of 2022
- What Caused the Knickerbocker Theatre Collapse?
- Tsunami-Triggered Oil Spill Devastates Marine Wildlife on Peru's Coast After Volcanic Eruption in Tonga
- Fruitlands Museum in Harvard, Massachusetts
- Kaweah Post Office in Three Rivers, California
- The Once-Extinct Auroch May Soon Roam Europe Again
- How to Keep Europe’s Most Magnificent ‘Praying Room’ Looking Lovely
- The Maiden of Deception Pass in Rosario Beach, Washington
- Margherita Peak in Bundibugyo, Uganda
- In Southern France, Unique Boats Revive a Lost Way of Life
- Cementerio Santa Ifigenia in Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
- Whistleblowers Make Spaceflight Safer, Says Witness to Apollo Tragedy
- FEMA to Start Tracking Race of Disaster-Aid Applicants
- When Should You Get a COVID Test?
- Can We Gauge Quantum Time of Flight?
- Could Echoes from Colliding Black Holes Prove Stephen Hawking's Greatest Prediction?
- Aha! Moments Pop Up from below the Level of Conscious Awareness
- Webb Telescope Reaches Its Final Destination Far from Earth
- Tiger Sharks, Tracked Over Decades, Are Shifting Their Haunts With Ocean Warming
- How to Build Your Overland Vehicle Like an Australian
- The Ultimate Guide to Fondue
- These National Parks Will Require Reservations in 2022
- Why Marathoners Need to Build Their Sprint Speed
- How to Train for Your First Ultra Over 50K
- Bernd Heinrich’s Lessons from a Lifetime of Running
- This New Valve Could Make Tubeless Tires Not Suck
- Tour de France Champ Egan Bernal Seriously Injured After Colliding with Bus
- Cardi B Instrumental in Lauren Smith-Fields Death Investigation, Family Says
- Kanye West Planning Fashion Show Starring Homeless People
- Little Baby Emma Geller-Green on 'Friends' 'Memba Her?!
- Dylan Postl Condemns Peter Dinklage's Criticism of 'Snow White and 7 Dwarfs' Remake
- Brandon Moreno Says Deiveson Figueiredo's A 'Horrible Human Being, Amazing Fighter'
- Mighty Ducks' Star Shaun Weiss Celebrates 2 Years Sober
- Adele Replaced By Keith Urban For Some of Her Las Vegas Dates
- NBA Youngboy TX Home Raided, 3 Men Arrested and Weapons Seized
- Barry Cryer, Comedian and ‘Morecambe and Wise’ Writer, Dies at 86
- Rotterdam Tiger Premiere ‘Eami’ Blends Indigenous Paraguayan Mythology with Documentary Sensibilities
- Fremantle Snags Rights to Hyped-Up Korean Gameshow Format ‘DNA Singer’
- Spain’s Soul Pictures Boards Indian Festival Favorite ‘Two Friends’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Busan Film Festival Reappoints Lee Yong-kwan as Chairman
- Beta Film Scores Sales on Italy’s Hit Young Adult Drama ‘The Sea Beyond’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Amazon Prime Video Orders White Lion’s French Crime Comedy Series ‘Darknet-sur-Mer’
- Hong Kong’s RTHK Blacklists Pro-Democracy Musicians (Reports)
- Japanese Breakfast Covers ‘Nobody Sees Me Like You Do’ for Upcoming Yoko Ono Tribute
- Lara Trump Talks Political ‘War,’ ‘Good Versus Evil’ in Extremist Heart of Texas
- RS Recommends: This $69 Security Camera Offers High-Tech Features Without the High Price
- The Best Running Earbuds
- Cardi B Defamer Tasha K Still Defiant Despite $4 Million Lawsuit Loss: ‘This Is Just the Beginning’
- How to Watch the Janet Jackson Documentary Online Free
- Fallen Resistance Zaddy Michael Avenatti Upstaged by His Former Lawyer
- Lock Him Up: Oath Keeper Leader Denied Bail in Jan. 6 ‘Seditious Conspiracy’ Case
- Early fighting has broken out in the Ukraine War, five killed and five injured in shooting as conscript opens fire...
- Mississippi bus drivers protest low wages, and get a pay increase of 5+ dollars after an hour of striking [Spiffy]
- The federal government finally shut down 2 mining leases right next to the country's most popular wilderness, the...
- You can be anything you want when you grow up, as long as it's an Amazon warehouse worker [Creepy]
- The artist formerly known as Prince Andrew has unveiled his new defense. "She totally wanted me" [Facepalm]
- Nissan issues recall on almost 800,000 Rogues for going, well, you know [Fail]
- As it turns out, hundreds of Catalonian women did not weigh the same as a duck [Awkward]
- 2nd amendment discussion gets out of hand [Stupid]
- Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over Joe Rogan Vaccine Misinformation
- Celebrities Explain Why They Are Investing In Crypto
- John Stockton Claims Covid Vaccine No. 1 Reason Athletes Fail To Win Single Championship
- Mitch McConnell Blocks Justice Stephen Breyer From Retiring
- Join Our Awesome Team,’ Reads Sign In Supreme Court Building Window
- Feckless Coward Refuses To Die In Office
- The Onion Guide To NATO
- Police Flip Through Unsolved Crimes To See What Else They Can Pin On Mentally Disabled Man
- If You Hate Stale Cereal, You'll Love This Box-Folding Hack From TikTok
- Scientists Aren't Sure Why Our Eyes Move Rapidly During Sleep. A New Study Offers a Novel Theory
- AllTrails Shows You the Best Biking and Hiking Trail Maps Around the World
- How American Chinese Food Became Its Own Cuisine
- Watch Eric Stoltz Play Marty McFly in Back to the Future Before Michael J. Fox Was Cast
- McDonald's Is Now Offering TikTok-Inspired Menu Hacks
- This Top-Rated Gadget Makes Lifting the Lid off Pickle Jars, Bottles, and More So Much Easier
- 7 Misconceptions About Bats
- Devin Booker Drops 42 and 12 as Suns Hold Off Jordan Clarkson, Jazz
- Video: Giannis Brings Bucket of Wings to Press Conference After Loss vs. Cavaliers
- Jimmy Butler, Duncan Robinson Dominant as Heat Blow Out Obi Toppin, Knicks
- Kobe and Gianna Bryant Statue Placed at Site of Crash on Anniversary of Deaths
- Dana White Explains Not Putting Title Belt on Francis Ngannou After Win at UFC 270
- Woj: Nets Won't Engage in James Harden Trade Talks with Teams Ahead of Deadline
- Report: Jazz Hope Donovan Mitchell Will Return from Concussion During Weekend
- AEW Dynamite Results: Winners, Grades, Reaction and Highlights from January 26
- Your Post-Workout Grooming Routine Should Only Take Five Minutes
- The Best Watch Brands You Can Shop on Amazon Right Now
- Robert Pattinson’s The Batman Is “Like a Batman Kurt Cobain”
- 11 Essential Streetwear Brands You Should Stock Your Closet With Immediately
- Seth Rogen, the Man in the Gray Easy Suit
- How (and Why) to Shave with a Safety Razor
- The Best Sweatpants Are the Furthest Thing from Sloppy
- 15 Bicep-Positive Tanks to Help You Manifest Warmer Days Ahead
- Our Fashion Editor’s Plus-Size Target Favorites Aren’t Sold Out (Yet)
- 14 Plus-Size Lingerie Retailers With Styles That Smolder
- The Fallout Isn’t Just About Another School Shooting
- PSA: These Flowers Will Deliver Just In Time For Valentine’s Day
- 42 Valentine’s Day Treasures Good Enough For Your Best Pal
- Grow Some Love This Valentine’s Day With A Plant Gift From The Sill
- I’m A Sensual Person & Happily Married To An Asexual Partner
- Inside The 2022 Comeback Of Y2K’s Favorite It-Bag
- Studio Ghibli’s theme park to open in Japan on November 1st
- Amazon has disbanded the Twitter army it paid to tweet about how great Amazon is
- Lamborghini releases its first NFT, which is the most Lamborghini thing ever
- YouTube announces 135 creators in its 2022 Black Voices Fund
- iPhones will soon accept contactless payments directly, says report
- Samsung sets revenue records with stronger product sales
- The best deals on 4K TVs
- A union election is moving forward at Amazon’s JFK8 warehouse
- Renault Nissan Mitsubishi Alliance confirms plans to build 35 new EVs by 2030
- Apple will reportedly allow iPhones to accept contactless payments
- Anti-work subreddit temporarily goes private after awkward Fox News interview
- TikTok will add PSAs to Holocaust-related content
- Samsung posts record revenue but reveals profit decline for Q4 2021
- Amazon workers in Staten Island reach union vote threshold
- One of Amazon's seller programs has been found to be unlawful
- Tesla kept its record 2021 profits rolling right through Q4
- Physicists Created Bubbles That Can Last For Over a Year
- How to Travel Solo During the Pandemic
- Guardians of the Galaxy Made Me Love Linear Games
- Latino Founders Have a Hard Time Raising Money From VCs
- 18 Face Masks We Actually Like to Wear
- Gibraltar Could Launch the World’s First Crypto Stock Exchange
- The Role of Tau in Dementia
- How to Get a Covid-19 Booster Shot
- Spotify is removing Neil Young's music after he gave the company an ultimatum between his music and Joe Rogan's...
- Ipsos: Apple News was the most widely used UK news app in December 2021 with 13.2M users and 1.2B minutes spent; BBC...
- The European Commission unveils Digital Decade Principles to define EU's vision of the global digital economy...
- NLRB says Amazon workers in Staten Island have enough signatures for a vote; the union, which withdrew a petition in...
- Oslo-based PortalOne, which is building a “hybrid” gaming platform, raises a $60M Series A led by Tiger Global,...
- Adobe-led tech coalition finalizes standard for digital content provenance, identifying the source and edits of...
- France-based Stonly, which offers tools to let companies offer self-service onboarding and trouble-shooting, raises...
- Filing: Credo, a high-speed connectivity provider in the data infrastructure market, raises $200M in its US IPO at a...
- Poll: Is the leetcode grind necessary to land a high paying remote job?
- Ask HN: How do small companies do recruitment?
- Ask HN: Why the Obsession with Note Taking?
- Gov.uk Platform as a Service (for public sector only)
- Decompiled 2022 Beijing Olympics Apps
- Ask HN: Eating and coocking is so inneficient, better way?
- Reasons Kubernetes is so complex
- She was a notorious hacker in the ’80s
- Weecheck v2: Simple email verification to improve deliverability
- Stonly No-Code Digital Adoption: A set of no-code tools for interactive onboarding & adoption
- CSS Generators: Custom Borders: A CSS-only Generator for Zig-Zag, Rounded and Wavy borders.
- Riku.AI: The one stop solution to build custom prompts with AI tech
- Folder Colorizer for Mac: Change folder color on macOS in 1-click
- Audio Jam: ♫♪ Design For Musician ♪♫
- Blockedchain: An NFT collection only mintable by people blocked on Twitter
- RevealQR: QR decoder with integrated malware scanning
- Dolly Parton launches line of "Southern-style" cake mixes with Duncan Hines
- Watch: Spittin' mad man (literally) who taunts children over masks has tantrum in parking lot
- Watch a long line of Guinea pigs eagerly march off to bed
- If you're into maggot people made of clay who live in a decaying old house, then watching this stop-motion film will...
- Take a tour of this forest populated by the creepy statues of the late Veijo Rönkkönen
- The forgotten Black British soldiers of WWI
- The music scene from Garden State but it's Wesley Willis
- A SpaceX rocket stage will soon smash into the Moon
- What to Know Before You Try to Replace an Old iPhone Battery
- Why Do Eggs Come in Different Colors (and How Much Does It Matter)?
- How to Work Out in a Crowded Gym Without Being a Dick
- 20 of the Best Musical Biopics Ever Made
- Update Safari Immediately
- 6 Wordle-esque Games That Are Just As Good (or Better) Than the Original
- Stop Saying You 'Helped' on Your Resume (and Use These Verbs Instead)
- What's New on Prime Video in February 2022
Arts & Letters Daily
- Producers will just call me up out of the blue and say, 'Well, we kind of need a penis.'" Welcome to the golden age...
- strong>Elizabeth Hardwick approached essay writing as an act of aggression. No opinion could be meaningful unless...
- Alphabet, book, complete writing, diary, English, fire: Priscilla Long's A-to-Z meditation on writing
- Did Indigenous critique and its emphasis on freedom and equality lay some of the intellectual groundwork for the...
- strong>Virtual reality promises to deepen immersive experiences of art. But there’s still value in unplugging
- What's most interesting about Louis-Ferdinand Céline, literary misanthrope extraordinaire, is the debate about him...
- It’s not all media firestorms: Campus conflicts frequently end in anticlimax — and sometimes even in real conversation
- Most Canadian cities tend to look bereft of joy. An investigation into why so much of Canadian architecture is so ugly
- If Convenience Is Your Middle Name, These 35 Products Are For You
- 16 Celebrity Couple Gestures That Are Equal Parts Grand And Outrageous
- Let's See Which Member Of This Iconic "Scream" Trio You Are
- 29 Problem-Solving Products Any Tired College Student Will Appreciate
- People Shared The Creepiest, Most Unexplainable Things They've Experienced, And I'm Deeply Unsettled
- 44 Products With Such Satisfying Before-And-After Photos, They Might Just Put You In A Trance
- We Know With 100% Accuracy Whether You're Australian Or American, Based On What You Call These Things
- I'm Genuinely Curious If You Think These 45 Doomed Celebrity Couples Were Good Matches To Begin With
- The Author Of ‘Fight Club’ Had An Unexpected Reaction To China’s Censored Version Of The Film Adaptation
- The Best Rye Whiskeys That Use MGP Of Indiana Rye, Ranked
- The Best Bottles Of Bourbon Whiskey Between $20-$30, Ranked
- What’s On Tonight: ‘Resident Alien’ Is Back, But He’s Not Himself, And ‘Batwoman’ Is ‘Toxic’
- Food Review: We Tried Shake Shack’s New Buffalo Chicken Sandwich (& Buffalo Spiced Cheese Fries)
- I Am A Goth’: Nicolas Cage Shares The True Story Of Hoogan, The Beloved Pet Crow That Insults Him
- The Best Instant Coffee Brands, Blind Tested And Ranked By A True Coffee Lover
- Try To Guess Which Oscar-Nominated Actor Wanted To Be In ‘Jackass Forever,’ We Dare You
- An Artist Illustrates the Precious and Goofy Moments of Living With a Partner
- 16 People Who Were Lucky Enough to See the Hidden Side of Things
- 17 Photos That Reveal the True Face of Time
- 7 Celebrities Who Became Friends With Their Ex’s New Partner
- 17 Times When Friendship and Kindness Surpassed All Barriers
- 25 Pictures That Prove Nature Is a Continuous Delight
- 20+ Animals That Happened to Be Totally Unprepared for Parenthood
- 10 Rules That Will Make Your Hair Look More Gorgeous Than a Day at the Salon
- Jay Powell keeps his options open
- Tesla battery maker LG Energy Solution surges on record market debut
- Asia high-yield ETF inflows surge even as performance plummets
- Bitcoin dances to Wall Street’s tune as more big traders enter market
- Time to measure your portfolio’s performance
- Devil in the detail of planned crypto rules
- Further reading
- Asian shares retreat after Powell says rate rise expected soon
Wall Street Journal
- Apple, Intel, Tesla, Levi Strauss: What to Watch in the Stock Market Today
- EU Hits Back at China Over Trade Limits, Taking Lithuania Fight Global
- Samsung's Top Chipmaking Perch Is Precarious
- Chinese Fund Managers Heed State Call to Invest After Stocks Stumble
- Fashion Shows in Paris and Milan Are Going On Despite Omicron
- Omicron Pushes Some Companies Back to Virtual Shareholder Meetings
- Biden's First Supreme Court Pick to Test His Pledge to Nominate a Black Woman
- Robust U.S. Growth Is Expected for Late 2021, but Omicron Looms Now
- What if all workers wrote software, not just the geek elite?
- Why supply-chain problems aren’t going away
- When will the semiconductor cycle peak?
- Lakshmi Mittal transformed steelmaking. Can his son do it again?
- Purpose and the employee
- Will web3 reinvent the internet business?
- Unilever’s £50bn health cheque
- Can China create a world-beating AI industry?
- Southwest Airlines says seeing inflation pressures in 2022 due to pandemic
- McCormick shares up 2.2% premarket
- Northrop Grumman sees 2022 adj. EPS $24.50-$25.10; FactSet consensus $25.08
- D-Orbit to go public through a $1.28 bln merger deal with SPAC Breeze Holdings Acquisition
- Knight-Swift Transportation stock price target raised to $84 from $77 at Cowen
- Tractor Supply Co. Q4 sales $3.32 bln vs. $2.88 bln a year ago
- Dow Q4 local price up 39% from a year ago
- Outside the Box: How can I protect my baby from unsafe people in their father’s life?
- Is Now the Time to Buy Pinterest Stock?
- 3 Cybersecurity Stocks You Can Buy and Hold for the Next Decade
- Could Social Security Save Your Retirement? Maybe, If You File at the Right Time
- Fantom Is On Fire. Here's Why This Emerging Crypto Will Stay Hot
- Could Vaxart's Vaccine Pill Help to End the Pandemic?
- Better Growth Stock: Novavax vs. Teladoc
- Better Buy: Bitcoin and Ethereum or Lucid and Nio?
- Will Tesla's Dojo Supercomputer Disrupt AI in 2022?
- Democrats Renew Push for Industrial Policy Bill Aimed a China
- Tesla Reports Record Profit but Warns of Supply Problems
- Fed Signals Rate Increase in March, Citing Inflation and Strong Job Market
- Fed Signals Rate Increase ‘Soon,’ Citing High Inflation and Strong Job Market
- Boeing Posts $4.2 Billion Quarterly Loss as 787 Delays Persist
- In Some Markets, Cooler Heads Are Prevailing
- Commerce Department Survey Uncovers ‘Alarming’ Chip Shortages
- The Market Sell-Off Reversed, but Investors Remain Anxious
Wikipedia Current Events
- Spillover of the Syrian civil war
- COVID-19 pandemic
- Five people are killed and five more injured by a mass shooting at a Yuzhmash production facility in Dnipro, Ukraine, after a member of the Ukrainian National Guard opens fire. (The Straits Times)
- 2021–2022 Russo-Ukrainian crisis
- Syrian civil war
- Mali War
- COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 pandemic in Europe
- COVID-19 pandemic in Germany
- COVID-19 pandemic in Hungary
- COVID-19 pandemic in Poland
- COVID-19 pandemic in Russia
- COVID-19 pandemic in Brazil
- COVID-19 pandemic in South Korea
- COVID-19 pandemic in Europe
- Canada–Ukraine relations
Today, I signed an Executive Order to strengthen how our military justice system addresses several forms of gender-based violence — and added sexual harassment as an offense under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, in honor of Army Specialist Vanessa Guillén.
I meant it when I said the future was going to be made right here in America. Companies like GM and Ford are building more electric vehicles here at home than ever before.
This afternoon, I brought together CEOs in support of my Build Back Better Agenda. The plan will get people working and ensure we remain the most dynamic and productive economy in the world. It’s good for families. It’s good for the economy. And it’s good for the country.
I’m preparing for our trip to Honduras tomorrow where I will attend the inauguration of President Xiomara Castro. This visit is an opportunity for our two nations to deepen our cooperation on key issues, from anti-corruption, to economic recovery.
For so long, communities across our nation have spoken up about the dangers of lead. I met with Deanna Branch in Milwaukee who had lead pipes in her home. Deanna is the mother of 6-year-old Aidan, who has been hospitalized twice for lead exposure.
New York Police Department officers Jason Rivera and Wilbert Mora are heroes, who paid the ultimate sacrifice. We are heartbroken that we lost them in the line of duty. We are praying for their loved ones and the entire NYPD.